Customer reviews

Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse
Style: Sculpt Touch|Change

on 19 July 2017
Spontaneously disconnects.
Have tried troubleshooting with Microsoft and HP (my system) but research suggests it's a Microsoft problem and they can't/won/don't want to fix it.

Otherwise it's good. Really good. Such a shame about connectivity.
on 17 March 2017
Use it for the year now and the mouse is in good condition.
Love it as it works on any surface - glass, mirror, leg, jeans..... This was the main reason for purchase.
Never got used to the scroll after a year of daily use. It just doesn't give a perfect feeling as traditional scrolls do.

Also, I use scroll click a lot to close or open tabs - doesn't always work. There is a functionality that will scroll your page up/down if you press not in the middle.
on 21 April 2017
Very disappointed with this product, I thought it would work on various materials but did not work on my glass desk. The mouse also goes out of sync with laptop many times with different laptops. Microsoft business mouse better, I wish I could change it
VINE VOICEon 20 December 2012
I have pretty specific requirements with mice - they must be comfortable in the hand, have a useful middle mouse button (essential in applications such as Autodesk 3D Studio Max and Maya), and have no lag. Wireless mice can suffer from lag, which is to say there is a small delay between the mouse being moved and the pointer responding on screen. If you do design work and need precision, this is a deal breaker. They also must have nice smooth tracking, with no jitter.

This new Microsoft mouse manages tick tick most of my boxes. It has no lag, very little jitter, a good middle mouse botton (the left and right buttons are fine too), and it's comfortable to hold. It's a little small perhaps, but not so much as to make it uncomfortable.

Curiously it doesn't come with any drivers, and there are none for download (at least on the Mac), but the bluetooth paired up without a problem and it seems to work fine. A tip for Mac users - try using third party mouse control panels such as CursorSense to get more control over the way the pointer moves. Personally I like a completely flat response, with no acceleration.

I can't comment on battery life yet for obvious reasons, but Microsoft claims it's an epic 9 months, which really would be an impressive achievement if true. Oh and it looks nice enough too, and is solidly built. An option for a white one would have been nice though.
on 24 June 2013
I've been using this for about 3 months now and I think I'm about used to it.
This is a laptop mouse, I've been using it for a desktop mouse and I really wish I'd bought something bigger.

It does track very well and it is quite comfortable, but I wouldn't think of using it for gaming - just occasional use really.

The scroll button (flat middle button) is quite neat. It works, and gives feedback... I'm sure that a wheel mouse would have worked just as well but the benefits of having a flat button can't be understated. It doesn't require cleaning and won't stop working because it's gotton caught on something or clogged up.

It's ok.... I'm not raving about it because there are more comfortable mice out there - but no real complaints either.
on 16 April 2014
I really like this mouse to use when travelling, which is what I bought it for. The Bluetooth connection is fast and reliable (although see comments on changing some settings, below). It works well on just about any surface, including the dog's back, which I was able to test when he jumped on my lap as I was trying to edit a document. It's (the mouse as well as the dog) small enough to be neatly portable (a small case to protect it would have been welcome), but large enough not to be uncomfortable to use. The 'touch' scroll wheel with vibration feedback works well too.

My only issue is with the Bluetooth configuration options that should allow you to change the scroll speed for the scroll touchpad and the vibration/scroll wheel feedback settings. There is a Microsoft settings program to download, but it seems to be a widely reported issue with the Bluetooth 'stack' on Toshiba laptops that prevents the settings being saved to the mouse. After trying unsuccessfully to get the settings to change on the laptop, I installed the MS program on an iMac running Windows and there was no problem changing the vibration settings etc and the configuration was retained when I next paired it with the original Toshiba laptop. This does not affect the basic operation of the mouse and it paired via Bluetooth to the laptop with no bother, but there seems to be this issue with changing settings via this MS program on Toshiba laptops.

Despite that gripe, it's a great product and clearly better quality than the much cheaper alternatives I've tried previously.
on 28 April 2014
I don't get how this mouse got through QA testing... I mean it's comfortable, looks pretty and is relatively compact - but the scroll functionality / haptic feedback is just awful! Most of the time the touch-sensitive scroll pad doesn't respond, and the vibration feedback is just annoying. It just doesn't feel right - it's hard to explain, but it doesn't feel natural, nor does it correspond with the on-screen action. Also the bluetooth connectivity seems a bit flaky, sometimes there's either a slight lag or an element of jumpiness.
on 21 November 2013
I was actually going to return this as at first it seems severely compromised, especially the touch "wheel". If you persevere, you will get the hang of it. Still quite expensive though.
on 17 December 2014
I was actually worried that this mouse gonna be turn to s*** as many people here commented.

but, When I saw this mouse firstime, I realized. this mouse has such a nice design and quality made.

with hoping that the function will be equal with the design, When I just click the device search in my Window 8.1,

just in 3 Sec, this mouse starts to work. Wow. it was so easy to set up and so nicely working It was totally new world without any lines.

Also it's working so well on my wooden desk. now I can throw my old mouse pad away.

One more, I don't understand, why Mac people are so complaining about this mouse?

It's MicroSoft works,

it's so obviouse this mouse's gonna work with MicroSoft's, new Window 8.1 cuz this mouse was made for it.

I think, Since Mac people bought the Macbook, they should admit that they have to pay lots of money for Mac Accesorries.

It's funny that Mac user bought this Microsoft mouse because of cheap price and complaint about its competitable with Mac.

I recommend Mac user should buy the Magic mouse from Apple store, it works 100% well with Mac.

My computer is Dell, XPS15 9530 with Windows 8.1 upto date, It works so well for information.

Thanks.
on 16 October 2014
I ignored the negative reviews on Amazon for this product, and I am soooo glad I did. For a mobile mouse for working on the go with my Surface Pro 2 it's spot on. No lag, no fuss, it works. It also works with a Mac I see from the manual, but the don't tell you that on the main ad. The scroll pad is a novelty but works fine. Another cracking product. Not perfect but it can't as yet answer my email for me or wash my car so it gets a 4 out of 5.