on 20 October 2014
Great shorts, these were recently taken to portugal so went in the pool and sea alot, they were unaffected by both salt and chlorine.

Compared to previous cheap shop swimming shorts that are quite thick, these are made from thin but strong material and dry out incredibly fast, if after swimming you do not lay on the towel immediately but instead just walk round the pool once or twice then they dry quick.

I am a size 34-36 and so Large fitted perfectl, and unlike so swimming shorts where the 'mesh' liner is restrictive/chafing these were very comfortable and i often used them to go around the shops, as they have normal hand pockets either side (large size) and a velcro pocket at the rear.
Drawstring is good quality and thick, it doesnt go into a tight knot after being wet.

100% Recommend.
on 22 July 2016
Very good but they are a little tight (perhaps I have been eating too many cakes of late) but other than that, they seem fine and work perfectly as swimming trunks. I wish there wasn't a mesh inner part
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 February 2015
Wanted some swimming trunks with 'Speedo' written on them... but not be of the infamous 'budgie smuggling' variety. These are spot-on. Comfortable, secure (important if you're doing anything involving rapid moving water) and fast-drying after use. Feature a pair of pockets and a single back pocket. Well made and decent value too.

I was impressed enough to buy an additional identical pair in red (just to mix it up a little at my local spa...)

Recommended.
on 3 May 2016
My partner was looking for some quality swim shorts for our holidays and these are perfect. He is 5' 7 and these sit just nicely on his thigh. The inner mesh lining gives support where its needed and the slight elastication around the leg ensures the 'Family Jewles' stay put. I thought that a quality brand like Speedo would be expensive so I was surprised to see them at such a good price. We bought the Navy and China Red colours and are very happy with both.
on 10 March 2016
As a dark, curly haired swimmer I knew that the only swim shorts for me would be red, Baywatch Hasselhoff style shorts. It would have been a completely missed opportunity otherwise.

Fits as shown, just above the knee pretty much. I'm a 32" waist, 6 ft tall and went for the medium size, the waist is elasticated and has a drawstring so can stretch and be made smaller. The legs of the shorts aren't too tight nor are they too loose as to cause too much drag in the water.

Material is very good, dries incredibly quickly and the netting for your dangly bits is nice and soft, you barely notice it. When wet however they can kind of cling to you to show off the goods, my advice? embrace it and swagger off, too late to do anything else but give a good show.
High quality - perfect fit for my size, and looks good.
They don't feel cheap in the slightest and have been put through some good use in the last six months without showing any signs of wear and tear!
on 28 July 2015
Bought these on impulse as I was running low on time for a holiday. I bought them because I don't buy any other brand of swim wear as speedos are the best but managed to get some more with slightly more flair than plain navy blue but always good to have a back up.
on 8 October 2015
Went swimming with these in Iceland. The country, not the supermarket. They didn't accidentally come off at any time, turn transparent or do anything else that was undesirable, so they're a winner in my book.
on 15 April 2012
Call me old fashioned, middle-aged or just plain shy, but I prefer a man's swim wear to more closely resemble sports shorts than cling-film.

Neither do I want them to represent a human advertising hoarding. I'd get myself a sandwich board promoting golf sales if that was the case.

And I don't want them, on impact with water, to inflate into a violently-patterned flotation device.

So if you happen to be of similar mind, these Speedo swimming shorts are for you. As other reviewers have noticed, the sizing is on the small side: with a 32" waist I would normally take a small, but medium proved just right for these. The fit is neat, the look functional. Ideal if you want them to double up as shorts for the beach, or for walking around the hotel.

They will never catch the eye. But if what you are seeking to display is style not content, that won't trouble you.
on 24 March 2012
Supplied by Sweatband.com Ltd. These are genuine Speedos. Knew what I was getting as have bought these in the past from JD Sports - same price. Not much more to add to the other 5 star reviews. Quick drying. Don't trap air in the pockets. Comfortable - good support. Recommended.