on 20 July 2017
Bought for a 14yr old. So far, he's very much enjoying! And the reviews are correct......it's not just a kids book, it's a good read for any age!
on 25 May 2017
The smallest print I've seen other than on a poor quality Cd case. I need binoculars to read it.
on 26 March 2017
Hard work at the beginning but gets going quite well. When you realise the message about slavery it makes more sense. Would have preferred a more subtle satire at times. Literally ahead of its time.
on 14 September 2017
Not a bad read but toys with the legend - it is a humorous take on the story after all.
on 24 January 2013
Bought it because I saw a film of it many years ago. Mostly very enjoyable and it added to my perception of the time that it depicts ie. very hard and dangerous. I was hoping for a similar happy ending so I should have read the book before seeing the film.
on 8 April 2013
Having just got a Kindle I'm re-reading a lot of books from my childhood. This is totally not as I remembered it! It was far more 'wordy' and it took me a long time to become accustomed to the manner in which it was written. Once I got the hang of it I was fine but I didn't enjoy it as much as I remember
on 31 December 2013
A humorous romp through Medieval England with a 19th-century American who has been transported back in time. Twain's humor makes this story easy to breeze through, but you'll keep coming back for the powerful social commentary, and you may even wonder how fast Clemens is spinning in his grave today to see his beloved country going off the rails. Great read.
on 19 December 2013
I ordered and read this book having heard about it in the past. While I am sure it does give interesting insights into the life of the common man in 'Arthurian' Britain, the writing style and 'language' is extremely hard work. In addition the narrator's claimed introduction of modern technologies (trains/ telephones etc.) is laughable with not even the slightest hint as to how these were achieved and what special knowledge the character might reasonably have had to hand, let alone necessary materials.

IT grates and spoils the plot, when he always has an easy out, and a not-to-believable out. Also a disappointing conclusion to the tale. Almost as if the author got bored.
on 8 November 2012
Got It For Free On The Kindle- Stick at it It's hard going but has some interesting moments
Mark Twain- has a rant about the American Ideal in various parts of the book in between the often Hard to Believe Story- The Film Staring Bing Crosby is easier to grasp
on 18 August 2013
I've read Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn and was expecting something along similar lines. I know it's supposed to be a classic but this just didn't grip me. Highly disappointed.