on 5 July 2015
Oh dear! This little wallet is really smart and attractive, although could do without the large embossed Gryphen logo on the front and it's a bit padded. But, for some strange reason it prevents London Transport card readers from reading my travel cards. I rely on just putting my card wallet on the reader, I can't be messing with getting my card out. Even directly through the transparent window the card would rarely read. In my so so cheapo card wallet there is no problem.
So sadly it's going back.
on 1 September 2015
A beautifully made little wallet. It looks great. My problem with this item is as an Oyster card holder. I found that my card was not recognised by the oyster card readers when inside this wallet. It was not a case of a red light and "seek assistance", the card was completely invisible to the reader when the wallet was closed. You could open the wallet every time you went through a barrier, but for me this is not a practical solution. I suppose this wallet could be useful as a credit card holder to avoid "card clash".
on 12 July 2015
This product is kind of frustrating. It is a quality item, colour is lovely, smells good, looks very stylish, BUT I bought this for my Oyster card, and no matter where I put the card, it doesn't get read through the leather. Very odd. If you want this for a card wallet, I would definitely recommend, but if you want it for an Oyster card, look elsewhere.
on 30 January 2015
Looks great but not ideal for Oyster/contactless cards because the readers often have trouble scanning the card through the pastic (You have to open it to scan it at the gates, it wont read through the closed leather.)
on 19 March 2013
Looks OK (not sure how secure my travel card is in the outside pocket - have secured with double-sided tape as a precaution) but my main issue is that Oyster Card readers don't seem to be able to pick up the card inside well. For this reason I've had to put the card in the outer pocket and can only swipe with this side facing the reader. May sound picky to some but my last card holder (which is no longer being made) was marginally better looking but sat inside the holder without ever having trouble being picked up by the Oyster Card readers.

I'd probably return it if I could find a better replacement but I guess I'll just continue with this one and keep having the odd problem at the ticket barriers.
on 27 April 2015
A bit on the large side but I have to say it is quality leather. The only reason for 3 stars is that as per other reviews, the Oyster card readers can't read your Oyster card through the leather. Not great for something described as an Oyster card holder and a major flaw in what is a really nice product.
on 30 April 2015
I'm a right posh little sausage when I want to be and I was looking for something other than my wallet to hold my train tickets when I travel for work. This does the job, looks cool and fits snuggly in my suit pocket!
on 10 July 2016
This is a good quality pass holder. I use it for my annual train ticket & photocard. The ones given away by the rail companies do not last long. This one is well made and I hope it will give me a lengthy service.
on 18 April 2016
Stylish way to hold your travel pass and much better than the plastic wallet given for free by Scotrail which was prone to splitting and kept getting stuck to my wallet and falling onto the ground when I took my wallet out. Nice soft feel to it. Can't comment on how it works with automatic readers (e.g Oyster in London) as in Glasgow central I still have to put my card through the machine. Size is spot on.
VINE VOICEon 14 October 2013
This is a simple yet perfect leather wallet. (I am reviewing the red one)

It comes nicely boxed, and the smell of leather as you open the box is lush.

There are two sections one mesh and one clear plastic, so useful for many different types of cards.

I would definitely say its the best ID wallet I have ever brought, so definitely don't hesitate when buying this as it is top draw, and for a excellent price too. Looks great feels great, and above all it does the job its designed to do.
review image review image review image review image