on 27 October 2014
Loving this series, the relationship between Skye, Jameson and Archer is very interesting. Did she choose the right man? I just dont know yet!

I'm hooked on this series, Skye has some issues, she loves her bag, everyone loves her - even Aoife now! But you know what I don't care, I think she's a great character, she's friendly, strong and can kick arse,

This book takes us into vampire manor, yes Skye has to move in with them all for her own protection. I think the vamps are great but hang on, we know have werewolves too ❤️

Expect some action and interesting relationships. I have to say I'm glad there's not such a cliff hanger in this book, but I'm still eager to see where book 3 takes us.

Great read.

4 vampy and racey stars
on 9 August 2012
J.L.McCoy has produced a tantalising next installment of the Skye Morrison series developing the characters and making you feel as though you were right along side the main character through her journey in this dark and alluring supernatural legacy.

Sins of the Father gives you answers from the cliff hanger ending of Blood of the Son and also has you begging for the next book to see where Skye's path will lead her.

I'm an avid reader of supernatural books and this author has shared a great piece of work which I recommend 100%.
on 9 August 2012
I love this series and am torn between Archer and Jameson. Both are great characters and you can't help but feel for both.

It's refreshing to find a heroine that can give as good as she gets and accepts so quickly the otherworldly creatures that inhabit the world. She doesn't shy away from the challenge and doesn't whine about her circumstances. I may be a little biased with being Irish and loving all the Gaeilge spoken, but from the sexy vamps to the nail biting suspense - I can't wait for the next instalment.

This author is definitely one of my new fav writers. Pick up the book and enjoy ;)
on 8 December 2014
After finding out that they are being hunted Archer and Jameson insist that she stay at their place. But : she gets kidnapped by the ancient one who hunts for them. Tortured and wanting to die, she still has the courage to fight and save not only Archer, Jameson, and Life a, she kills Martin the dark servant of the ancient evil one. What next for her?. Bring on book 3.
on 12 July 2013
Fantastic book. Lots of action, mystery and twists and turns and the love/romance triangle. Loved the different characters coming into the story and this author can tell a great story, as said in review of the previous book , the detail description really paints a vivid picture that you can actually see. Wonderful series, great storyteller bring on the next book, once you start reading you don't want to put it down.
on 1 March 2013
Book 2 didn't disappoint! I'm still in camp Jamison lol & I love Archer's family of vampires, they are so funny & endearing. Loads of suspense in this installment & I was so fearful at parts, that I momentarily stopped breathing in places! Kidnapping, torture, near death experiences,some very tense situations, made even more so, as I was so emotionally invested with Skye & her vampire friends. Totally unput-downable!!! A must read for paranormal fans!
on 6 April 2013
I enjoyed the second instalment. Skye became tougher and although she has made her choice the love triangle still exists. We learn a little more about the history of the vampires and meet a Werewolf.
on 20 February 2013
Series Review: Books ONE to THREE
Reviewer: Justine
Rating: 4.5/5 Fairies

Skye Morrison Vampire series, by J.L. McCoy, consists of Blood of the Son (book #1), Sins of the Father ( book #2), and The Original Sin (book #3) and the recently released Legacy of Blood (review out very soon!). This series floored me! I was sucked in (pun intended) from the very beginning with book one and was screaming "OFF WITH HER HEAD" (that would be J.L. McCoy's head I was looking for) by the end of book 3! Even though they were all decent size books at just under 250 pages each, I gobbled them down in the record time of a day and a half.

With all this awesome there is of course a catch. Sadly, Miss McCoy committed a cardinal Justine sin in two of the three books! The ending had no conclusion! I got to the last sentence turned the page........ and my e-reader smacks me across the face with a blank page!!!!! I was all "Holy Cliffhanger Batman!!" I am giving this series an overall 4.5 fairies! But warn you that you may want to buy both book 1 and book 2 at the sometime to avoid cliffhangover. I unfortunately will not recover from my book 3 cliffhangover till the next book Legacy of Blood which is available now.

Disclaimer: These books were provided by the author in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.
on 14 October 2012
Book 2 in the `Sky Morrison' series carries on from where book 1 (Blood of the Son) left off, and I can see a marked improvement in the story line. Vampires are being killed which makes them all nervous. Skye's relationship with Jameson bumps up a notch and we get to meet some new characters. I cant help but think that had J.L McCoy pooled the two books into one, cutting out a lot of the useless information, it would have given a much better first impression of this series.

There was still some waffle going on, e.g.......`I took out a coffee mug, added a bag of English Breakfast tea to it, and set it on the kitchen table. I felt like having cereal for breakfast and poured myself a small bowl of Raisin Nut brand. When the kettle whistled, I filled my cup and let the bag steep as I leisurely ate.
When I was done I went upstairs, threw on some running shorts and put my hair up in a ponytail, grabbed my iPod and my armband, and got ready to take Styvi for a walk. I whistled and she bolted through the doggy door and ran up to me. I helped her into her into her harness, attached the leash, grabbed my house keys, and stepped out, making sure to relock the door behind me.'........ I am a reader with the firm belief that if a line doesn't move the story along the writer should delete it! How easy would it have been to compact those 131 words into just 11?....`I grabbed breakfast got ready and took Styvi for a walk'....... It is all these unnecessary bits of information that make a story drag, I don't need it, it bores me and it overshadows anything good that I find with a story.

I think as J.L gains experience she will get used to using less of the mundane stuff to make up word count and keep more on track with the story. I hope she takes on board some of the constructive reader feedback that I have seen, it could make her a much more readable writer. It will be interesting to see how she grows in the next few books she releases.

Copy supplied for review
on 23 July 2013
This review really carries on from what I had written about #1 but with one slight change of thought. These two books would have been a better first book, cutting out all the pointless bits and just sticking with the plot. This would have made a consistent good first book, instead this #2 carries on the same theme as the first. I find myself reading bits wondering why it has been included.

Throughout that negativity I really like the character of Skye and the cliff hanger at the end of Book #2 will leave you wanting more. I'm not quite sure how McCoy does it but she keeps me reading and reading despite the flaws. I am either incredibly fussy or she knows exactly how to pull in the reader at the right moment.

I hope it's the latter ;-)

Better from McCoy.