Customer reviews

The Fifteen (Jacquot Book 3)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 10 January 2018
A continuation of the successful series. Usual mix of good food, wine and action. A slightly more improbable plot, but enjoyable non the less.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 October 2014
This is the 4th book in the series I have read and whilst not as emotional as The Angel, the last one I read, it is a good read with a plot that kept me guessing - I was sure it was someone else throughout. Someone is killing members of Jacquot's rugby team but no one realises but him as the deaths all appear as accidents. Jacquot is a nice guy with all the necessary talents to be a main character - dogged persistence in the face of opposition or disbelief, an ability to get on well with other people, intelligence, good supporting characters and, of course, he's irresistible to women. Then there is the food - he eats well and the descriptions are mouth watering. All in all this is an easy way to spend a few hours and although it supposedly set in winter I could feel the Mediterranean sun all through my read.
on 17 April 2016
Another great involving investigation for Chief Inspector Daniel Jacquot. With his girlfriend, Claudine, he is invited to a very extravagant party in the south of France, no expense spared. He is reintroduced to old colleagues, some of whom he hasn't seen since he made a famous Rugby try at Twickenham which won the match for France. All the guests were invited to stay the night in cabins in the extensive grounds and unfortunately a body is discovered during the night. This is only the beginning of a chain of increasingly dangerous events threatening Jacquot himself and his friends. Wonderful descriptions of meals and scenery, one can almost smell the coffee. Highly recommended for the authentic background.
on 5 February 2015
Only discovered Jacqout a month or so ago and the books are a great read with well drawn characters and a charismatic hero. I have just finished the 3rd and looking forward to the next. It is great to be able to read them in sequence though they would stand up on their own. Despite the impression that reaction to the (sometimes multiple) murders seems a little casual and offhand I highly recommend the series to people who enjoy the likes of Connelly, Child, de Mille and co.
on 1 February 2013
I have read all of the Jacquot stories but not in the correct order. I just love them,they give a flavour of France away from the tourist trails. great stories
on 9 May 2013
I enjoyed the first two books I read so much, I ordered this one, I am half way through it and it is not disapointing me.
on 15 December 2012
I just love this series, great plot, great writing and lovely descriptions of the area.Makes me want to move there now.
on 20 March 2015
A fascinating book, packed with descriptive detail. I had previously read one Jacquot book which I had enjoyed, and was keen to try this one. As the book proceeded to its conclusion, I thought I had identified the chief suspect, but I hadn't.
I shall read another soon
on 3 May 2014
Good escapist stuff; charismatic lead charachter, nicely paced story, good descriptive passages, but no Camilleri. Needs some humour, but Jacquot is French!
on 25 September 2013
The best of the Jacqot series that I've read so far. I wish there were a lot more of these books in the series.