Customer reviews

on 26 September 2013
Very well built player nice solid feel. Easy to set up and use. The sound is first class,open and spacious with great detail for the price.I listen mostly to orchestral and chamber music and the Cambridge does a good job of presenting the instruments in front of the listener.Stereo placement is first class and the sound is exciting and mellow to suit the source material. There is no reason to pay more than this unless you want a high end system at several times the price.A good solid recommendation for the serious music lover.
on 8 January 2014
Not only am I thrilled with the performance of my new CD player (my old one was also a decent Cambridge Audio), this item arrived on 30th Dec, well before I expected it, and the delivery tracking was the best that I'd ever seen. Richer Sounds sent me and e-mail thanking me for using their store, what an excellent service! I highly recommend this fantastic sounding CD player and Richer Sounds in general!!
on 5 November 2014
Needed a replacement for a very long serving Technics player which had lots of features. Decided on this Cambridge after reading reviews even though a bit more expensive than other players which also had reasonable reviews. Am I glad i did; after it is run in for ultimate optimum performance ( nearly 100 hours in my experience ) it sounded even better than I could have expected, especially playing live recordings. I was so impressed I then invested in a set of Cambridge interconnecting AUD 500 0.3m cables also from Richer Sounds. Only thing I miss about the Technics is that it had a cue button which it seems few current players have and that the extra functions can only be accessed on the Cambridge by using the remote which I prefer not to use.
on 29 July 2014
I have a Greek Amp with 2 Mission Speakers and 2 Mordant Short Speakers. I thoroughly recommend this CD player - its review in What Hi-Fi is well deserved; I listened to some LPs - such as Talk Talk's Spirit of Eden and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon - albums I had heard countless times on other systems and the soundscape was fantastic - crisp, precise and fully rounded. Well done Cambridge audio.
on 10 September 2014
This was purchased for my brother who is very pleased with sound and performance.
on 23 October 2014
Great build quality and clear, crisp reproduction.
on 12 May 2014
I was disappointed when I connected this up to my NAD amp and Mission speakers, the sound was detailed but lacked any presence or depth. The sound was similar to a transistor radio! I can't expect much for £250 but could pay allot less for the same quality with a less prestigious label. I think the hype and five stars from What Hi fi may be due to the low standard of product out there at the moment to play your CD collection on. I'm sure that this fairly acceptable but not earth shattering sound could be achieved with fairly budget equipment.