Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 February 2013
I picked up this recording, (of an opera I'd never heard) supposing that Domingo, at least, would be worth the price.
At the age of 60, I knew all the great Verdi operas. This was probably one of his "stocking-fillers".
And then, to my astonishment, this magically-perfect cast -- at La Scala on 7th December 1982 under Muti's glorious baton -- created for me one last unsuspected Verdian masterpiece.
I am eternally grateful to them, and to EMI.
Enjoy!
on 27 June 2015
This is a magnificent recording of a glorious early Verdi opera. Riccardo Muti has an infallible instinct for the correct tempo - not too fast, not too slow - and there isn't a weak link anywhere (orchestra, chorus, soloists). I am taking part in a concert performance of "Ernani" next week (chorus member, not soloist!) & I am using the CDs as a learning aid.
on 21 August 2014
good
on 9 February 2013
I am eternally grateful to them, and to EMI.
Enjoy!