Customer reviews

Size: Medium|Style Name: Stainless Steel|Change

on 5 July 2017
Am happy with this item and enjoying my pour overs. The spout does give better control than a standard kettle. This is quite a small item, but severs my purpose (and my coffee) perfectly. Would recommend.
on 13 December 2016
Hmmm - at a start I really liked it, but now just about one month after I bought it- I discovered some rust inside the kettle
on 2 June 2017
Great had this over a year now. No rust as one reveiw had suggested when I was looking to buy this. Excellent pourer
on 26 May 2017
Nice product. Great controlled pour.
on 20 May 2017
Very good, really happy with the product
on 23 May 2014
Nicely made, great balance in the hands, and most importantly, pours a nice steady stream with little alteration of angle. The fact that the spout starts at the bottom means the stream stays steady even as the water level decreases so you can focus on your aim and get that perfect brew. I've heated it on my gas stove and it's shown no discolouration or warping, despite the fact that it's quite light and thin.
on 2 June 2013
I've had this kettle for just over a month now, and it's been great, pour control is fantastic, however, rust has begun to form on the inside of the kettle which is rather disappointing. I do use the kettle frequently on an electric stove which I assume must has accelerated the issue, but, considering it is advertised as being able to do so, I am dissappointed.
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 May 2017
Just as good as I'd hoped it would be.

Only downside is that it doesn't have a built-in thermometer or packaged hot plate, but that's not the fault of the product, only that the new 2017 models aren't in stock right now.
on 2 October 2014
I'm a little bit of a tea snob :D I drink a lot of high grade Sencha, Gyokuro and Assam out of small clay pots. I was after a replacement to my Kamjove that was bought in China. I needed a precise pour and prefer the taste of water heated without electricity. I bought this to go on my gas hob oven and its perfect. Firstly the fit and finish is superb. The tolerance levels from the lid fit to the spout beak is very high and precise. It heats water quick and provides a laser beam of water without being too slow.....for instance if I just want to make some mugs of tea for people its fast enough not to be annoying.

I also wanted a kettle with no internal plastic....something which is just becoming near impossible these days however this is 100% free from plastic within the kettle. I bought this for just £30 which seems like a bargain.....would happily pay £40+ and will replace with another in a heart beat if necessary.

All in all would highly recommend for anyone looking for a decent kettle for tea and I'd imagine it will be perfect for drip coffee as that's its intended use. For me its perfect!

Thanks Hario!

EDIT:

I've since boiled mine dry by mistake. When you do the chrome finish on the inside of the base flakes and then you'll be prone to rust. I've since "upgraded" to the Takahiro which is twice the price and has no such coating. I'm not going to change my review though as its me being a derp and for the price the review still stands. Just don't boil yours dry :)
on 31 July 2016
Great little kettle at a reasonable price. I don't actually boil the water in it preferring to transfer it from the electric kettle and I always wipe it dry after use. My wife just added that it looks good as well!