on 5 June 2013
I bought this chair after reading the good reviews. On unpacking, the chair was in good condition with no obvious marks. The base and arms are chromed metal which should be much more durable than the plastic variety. The arms aren't removable (they hold the back on) and are quite high - however they were short enough that I could still get the chair under the desk comfortably. There are no adjustments other than up and down. It went together easily enough, though 2 people would help.

The parts where the chair touches you (face and arms) are a textured soft leather and the back is a matching plastic. You can't tell to look at but the feel between the two is very different.

Everything was going well until I sat in it. The lumbar support that you can see in the picture is extremely hard. For me that means that if I sit up my back is only touching a small part of the lumbar and if I try and lean back, my back is arched over it.
This must be a partly personal thing as the chair has had some very good reviews for comfort, but I'm really hoping the lumbar softens up or I'm going to have to replace it. If it wasn't for that, this would be a 5* chair.

Update: I've been living with the chair for a few days and I think the lumbar support has softened up quite a bit. I'm also getting used to it. It does provide nice support when you're sat up in the chair, when otherwise your back wouldn't touch at all.
on 25 May 2013
On unpacking this chair you could immediately see the quality of this product. The base unit for the casters is chromed metal and looks extremely strong, unlike some other chairs which have chrome type plastic bases. The arms are also metal. and the leather is soft and comfortable. The chair is also very comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. I have bought some chairs in the past around the £60 mark but this chair is a massive leap up in quality for just an extra £20. Plus free delivery means you'll be paying just an extra couple of quid for such a quality product. I cannot recommend this chair highly enough.
on 23 July 2012
I bought this chair for my husband, he is quite a heavy chap so the 25stone limit was a must have. We received the product within a couple of days of ordering, unfortunately there was a mark on the back, I emailed the firm and they asked for a photo which I sent back to them, they apologised for the chair and sent me a new chair back within a couple of days , that is what I call good customer service! My husband finds the chair very strongly built and comfortable and he is very pleased with it.
on 17 August 2013
a really lovely looking chair, no complaints re delivery nor packaging.
easy to assemble. the only problem i had was fitting the back,a bit fiddly, (i should have watched the video it showed the easy way. ) silly me.
i am another long time back problem sufferer, my old chair was comfy but ony by using some sponge padding and a cushion.
at first i found this chair so-so for comfort, the lumber support was a bit hard, however after a couple of weeks use it softened
and i find a bit of soft sponge in lumber region and it is really comfortable , i love the high back , great support.
well pleased ...buy one.
on 29 May 2014
I only purchased this chair based on the excellent reviews it had received and I liked the look of the chair.
The worse thing about the seat is that it creaks every time you move and the noise is getting louder! I'm not a heavy person as I'm 8 1/2 stones and the seat is now completely flat and gives no support at all. I'm very disappointed as I feel as though I have be ripped off.
on 16 September 2013
I had no problems assembling this item but is a really noisy chair. It groans loudly every time I move and it might eventually drive me (or my wife) mad. Apart from that, it looks good and it is comfortable.
on 15 October 2014
This chair would get 5 stars because it looks really good and is comfortable but it is so loud when you move in it... Don't really know how to fix this since there isn't one single area that the noise is coming from. Its like the whole chair is noisy. If you can live with that then get it. If not the maybe look for a different chair with more features.
on 16 October 2013
The chair arrived very quickly and was very easy to assemble although it helped that I had previously viewed the assembly instructions on Office Furniture Online's website.

I am very pleased with my purchase which is comfortable and of a high standard for the menoy
This is a really nice office chair that looks much more expensive than it really is. It was easy to put together and I didn't feel like it was cheap in any way (unlike some other chairs I have had the misfortune to use). Once finished it is really nice and I have had lots of people comment on it (and one even bought it too!).
on 23 June 2014
I had an older version of this chair for several years. It was starting to get really tatty, so I decided to replace it with this one.

When the chair arrived and I put it together, the back was lopsided. This was due to the holes in the back of the chair being drilled in slightly the wrong place on one side. I contacted the seller and they sent me both a new back and seat via courier which arrived the next day, so I have no complaints with the customer service there.

I took the chair apart to replace the faulty parts and the round plastic covers that cover the bolt holes in the arms of the chair just fell to pieces. The plastic was so weak that there was simply no way to remove them without destroying them. I removed the ones from my old chair and used those, as they are higher quality. Considering the instructions say to tighten the bolts that hold the chair together from time to time, these plastic hole covers should be designed so that they can be removed and refitted without falling to pieces.

After owning the chair for 5-6 weeks, one of the castors broke. The plastic surrounding the metal pin that goes into the castor cracked, so that if pressure is put on that particular castor (for example, if that castor is at the back and you lean back in the chair), it will bend and the chair topples at an angle, causing it to be unstable and unsafe. I can't use the chair now, as the castor will no longer stay on. I've sent an email to the seller, so I'll wait and see what they say.

Overall, I'm not very happy with this chair and I wish I hadn't bought it. It looks nice, but it's noticeably lower quality than the chair it replaced and that chair was cheaper than this one. If the seller cannot provide me with a replacement castor, or if I have anymore problems with this chair, I'll be contacting Amazon to try and get my money back.