on 22 April 2013
Some news from Salvo on the 2xCD Frankie Goes To Hollywood compilation, SexMix...

Stereo masters have been located and have been used to prepare a new, all stereo version of disc one. If anyone would like to replace their current version of disc one with one of these freshly minted, all stereo versions then all we ask is that you please send us your current disc, or email us a copy of your receipt if you prefer, and provide a return address. We will then forward a copy of the all stereo disc to you by first class post. Please send the discs to the following address:

Salvo, Union Square Music Ltd., Unit 1.1, Shepherds Studios, Rockley Road, London, W14 0DA, UK. Please send emails to: info@unionsquaremusic.co.uk.

For your reference there will be one or other of two codes on the discs featuring the tracks with one channel repeated on both sides and they are: *053731 and *055114. The code on the new discs is: *056837. These codes can be found on the underside of the disc in the ring around the centre. In addition, those who bought digital downloads of the album can now download an updated version at the store from which it was originally purchased.
10 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2013
Wasn't bothered about the reported flaws in the 'lost' mastertapes....bought it anyway from Amazon UK.
Loads of gaps plugged in my FGTH collection with this compilation!

When it was announced that the faulty disc was being redone and replaced for those who had purchased it, I sent a snapshot of my Amazon receipt to Union Square music via email ( I live in South East Asia)... no reply whatsoever from them... and after a few weeks... nothing in the mail, so I just left it at that. Was wondering for the past month and a half, where to look for another source to get a replacement CD for the faulty one.

To my surprise, I recieved the replacement CD in the mail just 2 days ago! Best Christmas present this year!!!!!!

Much Thanks to the folks at Union Square!! Frankie says.. ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 people found this helpful
on 26 May 2013
Despite all the negative reviews about this compilation i think it's rather good. When it was first released the first 5 tracks on disc 1 were in mono but this has now been rectified by the record company. In fact if you send the original CD 1 back to salvo or email them with a receipt of original purchase they will send the new CD 1 for nowt. Now down to the contents of the compilation. There are some stand out tracks on here like, Relax(international) The World is My Oyster(in its 7" form) and the whole of The Power of Love cassette single. Bring on Vol Two.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 February 2013
I know some of ye are not happy with the first disc, due to the first 5 tracks in "Mono".

As Salvo are telling Frankie Fans to send the faulty disc and you will get a replacement disc from Salvo,
if you send your faulty disc in the post.

I'm sure that you have read the previous posts in Amazon which the Salvo address are in the other
posts from customers who have bought the SexMix album..

The replacement disc is perfect. The tracks are good..
One person found this helpful
on 1 March 2013
Always was a Frankie fan and this brought bakc to many great memories and superb extended versions of the fabulous driving tracks for which Frankie was famous. Helps with the pace of my ironing singing along lol.
on 3 March 2013
It will be interesting to know if the new copies we can buy here from amazon are the stereo corrected or in faulty mono. I'm interested on a stereo copy of this release, but the lack of information about this keeps me waiting. I hope somebody can clarify this in the near future!
3 people found this helpful
on 14 February 2014
CD excellent and sounds great, very pleased with the CD. It is Frankie goes to Hollywood at their best and very enjoyable. GREAT
on 12 July 2015
Great Artist! Great Remixes!
on 14 December 2012
Today, December 14th, i received my copy hoping that it would be the fixed stereo version. I was wrong: MONO. Highly disappointed.
One person found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 10 August 2012
Firstly, this CD should be heaven for us Frankie fans, but as you can see from other reviews the first 5 track are NOT Mono, they are one channel.

Clearly whomever mastered this CD, didn't pay any attention to the job at hand.

Now mistakes of course can happen, but there has been no firm response from Salvo/ZTT as to what they intend to do to rectify the error, they have stated that they plan to issue a Lossless replacement, as/when/if the appropriate master is found.

But, they MUST have had the original master, as it's unbelievable that ZTT only had the one channel master, why would that occur?.

It's with a heavy heart that I've given this a one star review, as I love Frankie Goes to Hollywood but, standards are important.

Even members of the band have expressed their annoyance at this glaring error& but even they haven't even had a single response from Salvo/ZTT

Avoid this release until the problem is rectified.

My copy is being returned as faulty
30 people found this helpful