Style Name: Non-stick|Change

VINE VOICEon 22 July 2015
I have had a couple of tavas (chapatti pans) over the past twenty years and they all been from India or bought here in Indian shops. I was getting fed up of blackened tavas that were then causing my chappattis to stick or burn. This Tefal tava is really good, my chappatis have not stuck at all and have been evenly cooked. I've used it to also make parathas with oil, and the tava has been easy to clean afterwards. I'm hoping it stays looking and cooking well. I will update the review if it does not last well.

I have read that other reviewers are finding that the pan moves about, or doesn't fit their hob properly. I think if you have large gas ring it fits okay, I tried it on smaller rings and it does fit but is less stable and can be moved easily by just touching it. I have added two photos below of how it sits on my gas hob on the large central gas ring and a smaller one.
review image review image
on 5 July 2013
I have always loved Tefal as it cooks food much quicker. Bought this tawa and it has cut half of the time. It heats up really quickly and because it is quite big you don't need to cook the edges, it will do it automatically. It cooks the chapattis in half the time which does save electricity. It is a fantastic product and anyone to purchase one of these will not be disappointed. I have recommended this tawa to many of my friends. Fantastic product and no one will be disappointed to buy one of these.
on 2 November 2013
Tefal products are great and probably don't need a review. But unfortunately this Tawa is not stable on my gas burner. It tends to lean on one-side. May be it's slightly bigger for my burner.

Update after 5 months of Usage: Unfortunately the non-stick coating has started to come out. We have used it to make chappatis and now the pan leaves a black coating on them. I'm very disappointed with the product.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 January 2016
This Chapati/Tava Pan is good for me, As using a tradition heavier base Tava my roti's always seem to stick.

Good Point's:
The non stick coating heats up really quickly, But most important for me is my Chapati's don't stick to the pan anymore.
Chapati's cook evenly and don't burn either, with is good for my husband.
It's easy to clean too

Not So Good Point's:
I have a normal size 4 Ring gas hob, I can only use this pan on the back two ring's
As the pan wont sit straight or still on the front two.
It wobbles at the slightest touch if i try to use this on the front two rings.

I think if you have a large cooker, Especially with the centre ring like some have, This would probably be perfect for that.
So this would more than likely not be suitable for induction/electric stoves, As i don't know how it would sit flat.

Even though this isn't perfect, It is still much better than my old heavy Tawa, So overall i am happy with mine.
I have added a few pictures showing my cooker size to help you to see if this is suitable for your cooker..X
review image review image review image
on 19 January 2015
I bought this because i like using Tefal branded products as we all know are good quality. When i received the chapati pan i was not pleased with it. The good points are the pan heats up quickly, is flat and the non stick coating is good.

However the bad point which is a major let down for me is that the pan is not sturdy enough to stay in one place. When using it the pan slides from side to side and thats by using a gas hob. If this didnt happen i would have rated it 5 stars.

Hope this helps someone if they are thinking of buying this product.
on 12 July 2016
Why didn't I purchase this earlier? This is perfect and it is Tefal!! I love tefal products and wouldn't never stop using them! This is great for pancakes, omelettes, tortilla wraps and anything really. Couldn't recommend this pan enough!!!
on 17 May 2016
A great pan & it does what it says on the packaging. But NOT SUITABLE FOR INDUCTION,!!!
Luckily I've got a portable gas ring & that's how I use it. I think it would be OK for normal electric rings but I haven't tried.
on 23 May 2014
This pan heats up fast but that's where the good point ends. It's slides all over my gas hob and is hard to keep in place. Let down by a major brand like Tefal.
on 7 August 2014
had to return it as the product is not flat as stated. Its not compatible for electric and induction hobs, good for you if you have gas hob.
on 26 May 2014
Its excellent. Roti, dosa, puran poli, paratha, omlet everything is perfectly cooked with less energy. Heats up quickly as well.