on 22 August 2015
Oh my god what a great book. I though this would be boring but oh no I could not stop reading. I hope the rest of the books are like this
on 31 October 2013
I'd recommend this book to anyone, I read it in one sitting and stayed up way really quite late to finish reading it.

In this book a old sorcerer becomes mortally wounded and decides to set off to earth to make a reincarnation of himself. You get to see the boy he chose grow up from age 0 to 15 and defeat an evil sorcerer.
on 20 August 2014
Gripping
on 11 October 2013
Enjoyed this book I will read more of them I sure my grandchildren would love this book. May be Xmas presents
on 11 September 2013
I downloaded this book for 38 pence, It was a great read,great story, well told account of a boy becoming a wizard. One of the best fantasies I have read. Five Star.
on 16 October 2012
Its a good tale, and I really liked it but I think it is trying to catch onto the tail-coat of a certain other young wizard - I won't mention the series of books I mean.

At first it looks like a clone of others in this genre and could be accused of being a similar concept to them, but this is different. There is no concept of a magic system, known the authorities but hidden from the public. The magic comes from another world entirely.

Why only three stars?

The book is very slow to start, I found it irksome at times to have to go through the life of the protagonist from birth to teenager in large leaps between chapters.

Despite the slow start, it is a good portrayal of characters. The leads are strong (again similarities will be drawn to others) and the minor characters are engaging.

The antagonist is a bit of a cardboard cut-out though with not much of the tale looking at him. Probably 10 to 20% of the story is all on the antagonist with no interaction with the protagonist at all. In fact there are times when I did think about where this story was going.

Overall I liked it. The ending felt rushed given the slow start and meandering towards teenage years, but it was satisfying. Not sure how there can be more in the series given this is labelled as Book 1 of the Wizard Born Series.
on 1 September 2013
I like to read books with a little bit of magic in them... I often buy books and don't finish them.
I read this in 2 days. I like the characters and their relationships and I like the way it is written. We are shown what the characters are like through what they do, made it a pleasant read.
on 4 January 2014
After completing all three books I would recommend these to children for easy reading and mild entertainment. If I had read the description properly I would never have bought them to read as an adult.
on 3 October 2013
I read this over two days. It was an unusual story. The pace was a little odd and kept up throughout the book without varying which made it seem quite odd. I will definitely read more.
on 14 January 2014
This was a great read fully taking me in & capturing my interest. There are only so many versions of a plot that I often guess where films & books are going very early on, not on this occasion an excellent book which I thoroughly recommended.