on 24 March 2014
Not bad but there could be a bit more detail in some of the tree descriptions and the images are a bit 'random' as not all of the trees have photos of their bark which is a must in winter when there are no leaves on many trees.
on 2 March 2014
Yes, as mentioned by many others the pictures are just not big enough, too small for clear, initial identification. Plenty of textual descriptive information, clearly laid out, but why the images don't fill the screen is a strange error for this type of app. Especially as it would be perfect as a field guide if they were. Maybe they will correct this with future updates..
on 13 December 2013
Walking in the country there are many different trees to identify. Apart from 5 or 6 very common ones I cannot identify any. In a very short time with this app I have identified quite a few I see regularly. Well worth the cost
on 17 June 2015
very helpful i like it
on 4 March 2015
on 19 August 2013
Distance shots of trees like lollipops, with no detail. Incomprehensible descriptions of leaves, bark, etc., and no pictures, also sometimes inaccurate. I am quite familiar with our common trees but there is no way I would be able to identify them from this app. Not a chance with trees I don't know. Total waste of money and memory space.
on 23 January 2014
I like it because of the images. They are clear and beautiful. Lifts my heart just to see them. Some reviewers said there were no close up pictures of leaves but I think they did not press the images button as there are definitely close ups of the leaves, bark, fruits as well as a photo of the whole tree, quite large usually even though it does not fill the whole of the kindle screen. Plenty of information too.
on 22 March 2013
I had purchased the Birds of Britain app and I was so impressed I also bought this one. These apps are great aids for identifying their subject matter. There are excellent descriptions and a variety of photos to help with this. I have the bird app on my Android phone and both apps on my Kindle - very easy to download.
on 17 June 2013
Not a bad app, but I would have though the photos would have been much larger. Not as good as the Birds of Britain app, in my opinion.
on 9 May 2013
This has to be the most informative book on British trees I have seen in my life, and it doesn't weigh a thing. I have all the books in this series so far, and recommend this to everyone from reading age upwards.