on 22 March 2014
Standardised and case-loaded, not really expressively interesting although very applicable with regard to content knowledge. Perfect start for the beginning of investigations into body language, I would reccommend to a school starter.
on 17 July 2010
I bought the book to give myself a better insight into body language to help me at work and it has been a most enlightening book. I found its common sense approach very helpful, it was easy to read and written in a no nonsense way.
on 20 September 2014
I have in the past done a course similar to the content if this book. A great means to refresh my knowledge, reminder of what we see and don't see because we think we don't need it. Read the book, your eyes will hear from then on.
on 5 May 2014
We often underestimate the power of body language. This book explains how it all works in a simple way and easy to assimilate and understand. If you want to add value to your leadership skills, then you should read this book.
on 28 March 2010
I've just finished this book and highly recommend that everyone else reads it as well! There is something everyone can learn and allows you to interpret the second dimension of communication; body language. There are references throughout the book to when he used the techniques in this book in real life investigations and just everyday observations he makes. The chapter on deception is particularly interesting, all based around lying and how to tell if someone is being untruthful. Navarro has a good, accessible writing style allowing anyone to read his book and learn his invaluable, interesting and normally overlooked knowledge on non-verbal communications. 5 STARS!!
on 2 February 2015
A great read, this put's observing other people's body language easier to understand but it doesn't make you a Joe Navarro or The Mentalist! It's a book for beginners or for those who want to brush off the cob webs!
on 5 December 2015
Great book for non verbal communication lovers
on 9 December 2012
I thought this book was really interesting, well laid out, and well explained. Good if you are interested in psychology, or just to understand what the body says about true feelings. Good book, worth a read.
on 9 August 2014
Ex FBI profiler, Joe Navarro, gives you a quick tour of how nervous habits can betray guilt faster than a smoking gun.
A must for every aspiring writer.
John McAllister – Avid reader and writer.
on 21 July 2011
not usually much of a reader, I have found myself engrossed in this, reading it whenever I can grab a few free minutes sitting on the bus or on the train, and expect t obe through it in no time at all.