Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 8 August 2017
I had Stark warning and The Depraved to read for a while, when I checked my amazon orders it appears that I got Stark Warning back in 2013, wow... it was well due to be read, #BadMe.
I have this real bad habit of buying books and not getting around to reading them. But i'm trying to correct that and slowly slowly getting though my books.

DCI Sam Quinn who has been seconded to the Met’s ‘Celebrity Crime Squad’. a bit of a reckless officer full of flaws, likeable and realistic. Throughout the book I really wanted him to sort himself out. I really took to him.
Jessica Lee is the Queen of day time trashy TV, the female Jeremy Kyle. Jessica starts to receive threats that if she doesn't stop going on TV then the mystery person is going to start killing people.
Is this a hoax, an idle threat.
It's down to Sam Quinn to sort the mess out, but with his own life in such a mess, things could prove to be a little bit to much for him at times.
The clock is ticking, can Sam work the case to the best of his ability?
A great realistic real, full of suspense that really helps you to keep those pages turning. I read this in just over a day, pretty good going for me. I needed and wanted to know the who, where, why?
I now have a couple more James Raven books to read, which I know I'll not leave too long before starting them.
on 19 January 2014
I enjoyed this tale of a flawed police officer investigating a series of puzzling murders, while having to deal with his messy life.I didn't take to him straight away though and I wonder why the author likes to make his main police characters flawed, having read another of his books "Malicious " it does seem to be a theme.However I did think the action was good and I warmed to the main character as the book went on, I worked out some of the clues but didn't guess the villan and I would read more of his books.
on 17 February 2014
I really loved this book! Gritty fast paced and lots of twists and turns. Jessica Lee was a lovely leading lady and Sam, the hot police man out to catch a serial killer. Well written and i really felt like i was there, especially lived the references to Lewisham and Eltham, my local area. Made me feel like it was happening just down the road from me. Shall be reading more from this author.
on 4 May 2017
Well written and gripping story
Thoroughly enjoyed it, interesting storyline and individuals. Sam is a copper with a history that's believable
on 19 March 2017
Enjoyable.
on 10 January 2014
While it was a bit lightweight, I enjoyed this book. Not in the same league as Peter James et all, it was ok. The plot serves as a warning to the likes of Jeremy Kyle who make a living from others misfortunes. ;)
on 1 August 2017
Did not guess the killer till very near the end a good plot. Would recommend to people who like a British cop story
on 1 January 2014
For free, a good read. Had I paid, would have regretted spending the money. Just a bit too contrived for my taste.
on 6 June 2017
Worth a read. Downloaded it to read on holiday, and not a bad read. Would read another book from James Raven
on 11 January 2014
Not a bad read for a short story, flows nicely with a good twist. The theme is also very current with daytime TV as it is.