on 17 February 2014
I tested the sleeves with an Oyster Card and a reader in my local Underground Station and the reader was able to read the Oyster card without any problem which seemed to suggest this product isn't all it's made out to be. As there are no Instructions in English I had no idea if I was doing anything wrong. The sleeves have been returned for a refund.
66 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2015
After my contactless debit card activated to make an unauthorised transaction whilst located inside my purse, which in turn was inside my handbag, I became extremely alarmed about the safety of such cards. Subsequent research revealed that contactless cards are indeed placing users at risk of fraud and identity theft. I therefore invested in a pack of the Optexx blocking sleeves and tested their authenticity by trying to make a transaction in M&S whilst my card was fully encased in one of the Optexx sleeves. I was furious when the transaction was immediately successful and it became evident that the manufacturers of the Optexx sleeves are selling defective products that do not perform in the manner they describe. I never bother to write reviews but after being conned I wanted to warn prospective customers that these items are useless.
on 13 December 2014
Used these in my local shop, their till couldn't read my card even when pressed against the card reader until I took it out of the sleeve. Very impressed. My friends have now bought them.
on 9 March 2014
Having only recently realised the significance of the WiFi sign and what can happen when criminals get to work, I purchased two of these to protect my cards. I tested it by trying to use it in a supermarket which had a WiFi scanner. It worked in that it would not scan. I recommend these as a less stressful way of solving the problem than asking your bank/credit card provider to send you a new card washout the WiFi facility.
on 1 December 2013
Now this is something everyone should have as it give you peace of mind . No more worry of people taking my identity
on 14 October 2015
Like other users, I've tested this on a bank machine where it worked, on a supermarket machine where it worked, and on the London Underground where it definitely did NOT work. I'm not sure why, but as far as I'm concerned security is like a boat - any hole is too big.

In a lot of ways, you're better off without one of these, because a false sense of security can mean you trust something when, if it wasn't there, you'd be more careful. I've thrown mine out; and I'll keep looking for something I can rely on.
on 26 March 2015
Bit of a gut purchase after reading all the negative press about people 'stealing' credentials from cards, but the individual pouches are very inconvenient. Not using mine at all and no-one else in the family wants them either. Instead I have an aluminium faced wallet that holds 6 cards and my wife has a lined purse that looks no different to an ordinary purse and is just as easy to use. Can't recommend these, they are too fiddly and inconvenient to use.
on 15 February 2014
Did the job nicely for me. Nice sleeve with clear window so you can see the card. Slit in front allows card to be removed. Snug fit so still allows card to be carried in card section of purse/wallet. Blocks the signal. Sturdy enough that will last.
on 27 November 2014
Good product. One floor though. These were bought for my mum who's bank changed her card to a contactless card. I myself have no problem removing the card for her but she cannot herself. As a result shes had to make a cut out of the clear plastic so she can get it out herself which she now can. If like myself you use a wallet simply an RFID wallet would do the trick, no need for these fiddly things but if you have a purse like my mum you do need something like this.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2013
Yes it works - I put my Contactless debit card in and my NFC capable phone does not detect, it does when NOT in the sleeve.

But is it useful? Well, I use my Debit card several times a day and to keep removing from this 'protection' sleeve can be a pain. I might use it overseas - where I'm more likely to use a credit card.

I'll still give it 4 stars as it does a good job as advertised and you can see card details - unlike some others on sale.