on 14 August 2016
There's one more to go and Afterlife remains the best so far - and the opening and closing shots of this movie and Tomandandy's soundtrack are the best thing about it, the rest grows on you after multiple viewings due to the stuntwork even when it's ripping off Aliens and trading off the previous films in the series. However for this DVD package it's excellent value to get two commentaries (one of which is funnier than many comedy films if you're in the right mood), a digital copy and a slipcase. If it was all about picture quality only there's Netflix or the Blu Ray otherwise the extras were worth the money for me.
One person found this helpful
on 16 May 2018
The fifth of the 6 films and the the only one that picks up where the last one left off. Not a year or more later with little or no explanation as to what happened in between.
Finally Ada and Leon from the game are in the movie and so is Gill Valentine who was in the last scene of previous movie (only I didn't recognise her as she inexplicably looks radically different! I've been wondering what happened to her in between the 2nd and 3rd films in the franchise.
Overall one of the best sequels to the original.
on 7 June 2018
Milla Jovovich is a great badass in these resident evil movies. Surprisingly better and more watchable than Afterlife. The action such as the car chase, the fights, the monsters are all very well handled. Amazing music when Alice fights Jill, Michelle Rodriguez doesn't get too much to do, but we all love her. I was pleased to know that it surprisingly looks better visually when they have to pass through dome, after dome after dome exploring different countries when it's all a simulation. Alice feels more human in Afterlife and Retribution and feels more genuine when it comes to acting, she does a good job displaying emotions and also the continuity sucks. Where's Chris and Claire, no one knows. Screw it, it's still a fun watchable movie. The action and music stands out most. It's a good time.
on 18 February 2015
There have been a lot of negative reviews saying it isn't a zombie movie any more. Well, having played the games since release on the PS1, I seem to recall the zombies were only there for the first few hours. As you progressed in the games the enemies became bigger and stronger, and you arrived at a point where you weren't bothered about the original zombies, and brushed them aside like irritating flies. The films are the same, the further into the series you get the zombies of the first film are inconsequential, and it becomes about the umbrella corporation and their grip on the world.

Enjoy the film for what it is, a fast paced action shoot em up film.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 August 2016
i was really excited about this film as my favourite resident evil character Leon was finally included (why was he left out poor guy)I do have to critisize this Leon,Why does he have his resident evil 4 jacket he lost that?,his hair is too long and greasy looking,he doesn't seem himself either he wouldn't have left Barry,i'm sure Leon would have drove the car he would have crashed it course but still.Ada really looks like her.I'm looking forward to the sequel but don't get how Leon can't be in it as at the end he's stood on the boat,hair appointment to rush off to Leon?.Nice that Leon was with Barry again they havn't been together since forgotten game gaiden.
on 17 September 2016
5th movie in the Resident Evil series and I was very pleased this came in a steel book. The case looks good with a striking Mila Jovovich on the cover. I got the 1st 4 movies in a boxset and you can also watch them on Netflix. It is action packed with the usual theme of humanity fighting zombies created by a mutant virus and a supercomputer which wants to wipe out all of mankind. Never played the games so I got no idea if the films and games are similar but for mindless action and violence you can't beat these movies.
on 16 March 2018
Resident Evil.... I have lost count but they all have their own individual reasons for being decent movies. In a decade where a certain company has taken over cinema its nice to see other movies still competing in the franchise wars... Watch this its a fair action movie.
on 26 July 2013
In this movie, there isn't really any progress in he plot, apart from Alice, Ada, Leon, Etc.. Has to escape an umbrella facility under ice, I thought it was impressive how they thought of a way brought back dead characters from the previous films, I think the scenery's just beautiful, everything looks so real compared to the first one, the only thing I am disappointed about (which I understand), it pays too much attention to the 3D elements and not the story.

Finally, I was pleased that this one pays more attention to the 'original storyline' or example, number 1,2,3 had such similar aspects, and number 4,5 has driven away from the same plot Etc. and paying more attention to clones, not zombie. Overall thought, I did really enjoy it... Better then Afterlife anyway.
on 19 February 2018
I only bought this as it was cheap but shouldn't have bothered anyway tbh, the time is long overdue for this series to be finished with. It is tired and formulaic, nothing new in this film that wasn't done in a better way by the earlier films.
on 2 January 2014
I really like the Resident Evil movie franchise and was looking forward to watching this after seeing the trailers for it but I've got to say I was a little disappointed with this movie, it was great to see some of the old cast from the first movie etc but I just felt the story was weak, I know that these are not going to be the greatest story lines but I would have wanted abit more than you get, the action is still great and I can't complain about that and is what you would expect from a Resident Evil movie. It looks and sounds awesome on blu ray and I couldn't be happier with that, so it's a enjoyable action movie like the other movies but if your abit of a fan like me then you will enjoy it but just think there's something missing.