on 26 September 2015
Interesting characters but a little ploddy. The series does have potential. I love these type of books but I struggled to care enough to keep reading. I did finish it but it was more a chore than a pleasure.
on 12 June 2014
Like any other book, the first few chapters are setting the scene. I picked this up for cost, something different to read. Characters all gel, good or bad men. A bit of a thriller as well as combat. Give it a go. I will be looking out for another.
on 22 February 2015
Downloaded purely as a shot in the dark with no prior knowledge of the author, I was instantly hooked. Many a sleepy morning at work due to a late night not being able to put it down. Great characters, great storyline, just great. Couldn't recommend more highly.
on 13 December 2012
First time I have read Robbins books and will not be the last, good fast paced book when only half way through could not put book down. Good book from start to finish
on 11 January 2013
I was not sure how this book would run after a few pages I was not sure I would finish it. Am I so glad I stuck with it , great read a good thriller.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 April 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a fan of Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy, Jack Higgins, Frederick Forsyth, et al, but I am new to the work of Mr Robbins - though I will admit that I selected this mainly becauyse an ex-colleague of mine was a "para-jumper" with the USAF.

I found it to be a well-paced story (thought it can drag in places) and the camaraderie is well done.

It reminded me a little of Clancy's Rainbow Six (which is still my favourite Clancy book 15 years on - it was first published in 1998). I always wished that Clancy had turned "Rainbow" into a series like he did with Op Centre and Netforce.

I enjoyed which story and will definitely be looking out for the next in what I hope will be a series.
on 16 September 2014
A great read - have read stories of similar genre which are too far fetched and unrealistic, but this stands out. As one of the other reviewers mentions, the story has good depth and it serves well as an insight into the real life stories of the present portrayed by the media. Recommend this book and will be reading more from this author.
on 12 December 2013
I love these type of stories, bought about the surge in modern day high seas piracy. Good story and doesn't go off the boil
on 30 December 2012
I really enjoyed this book, I always enjoy Andy Mc Nabb books and Chris Ryan, I found this one as enjoyable and gripping.
on 20 January 2013
First class read steady action cleaved twists .Will read other Robbins books.kept me awake reading far too late at night.