on 24 December 2012
Love the pads. Prefer the white on tiled floors but wish they weren't white, never look clean again a colour would be better. Blue ones are good but harder to rinse missed bits out of. The design has one fault in my opinion the tighten string is at the back and falls under the pad when you drag it back to you wish there was a way to tuck it in and it would stays in. I give it 5 stars for quality but 3 for design error
on 7 April 2013
I bought a VAX S2 to clean our flat floors (kitchen and hall) and was rather disappointed to find the two microfibre pads that came with the S2 wearing out within 6 months. So, for about £20, I have bought these. The coral pads are very different to the microfibre ones - they are heavier, more substantial and look like they'll last a lot longer.
When new, the coral pads have the same problem as the microfibre - they grip so much it is quite hard to push the cleaner along the floor. After a while, this eases off a bit, but they do leave streaks .I have yet to work out which one works best.
What Vax should have done is include one microfibre and one coral pad in the box then let the consumer decide which one they prefer.
on 10 March 2013
I wanted some extra pads to go with my Vax S2S Bare Floor Steam Mop and these seemed ideal as I liked the idea of the coral pads. Two coral and two microfibre pads are supplied and they are official Vax ones.

Unlike the pad that comes supplied with the mop, these don't just grip onto the base of the mop, you place them on and then tighten using the drawstring. The main disadvantage of that is that you have to bend down to fasten them on, probably not a big deal for most people, but a point to be aware of if you have issues with your back.

I like that the microfibre pads are white as I can see clearly when they need to be changed. The coral pads are great on our smooth floors but not so great on our bumpy kitchen tiles (which are rough slate) as they do not glide very smoothly. Both types of pad can be thrown in the washing machine and seem to wash well with no detriment to their performance. On the whole I am pleased with these and it's really handy to have so many extra pads to hand.
on 21 July 2013
The blue pads are much better though than the white ones given the different texture. They clean better and lift more dirt. If you can get the blue ones only as a package.....go for that as the white ones are almost useless.
on 26 June 2013
Wonderful gadget so quick and easy. The floor is dry in seconds which is great when a small child is running around. Uses so little water the tank cleans the whole of the ground floor laminated flooring
on 27 February 2013
The pads look like I expected, they are not flimsy but are quite thick. I bought the coral pads because they are supposed to be better on non-smooth tiles and just tried it on my floor. Not that impressed, I think the other pads are better. The steam didn't seem to come through the pads very well and although the floor was left relatively dry I'm not sure it was a good clean. I'll persevere and see if it gets better with usage.
on 2 July 2014
The white pads are totally useless, they are very thin and get wet through very quickly. The blue ones are a little better but after one wash they shrank and it is now very difficult to get them to fit onto the cleaner head. Ther are absolutely no washing instructions on these pads; I was under the impression that it was a legal requirement to have washing instructions sewn into washable items stating correct wash temperature, etc. Vax customer service are unable to provide this information, I was told to use a normal washing program; well my machine has a large number of programs, the question is which do Vax regard as normal ?
on 3 January 2015
These are no better than the flat pads you can buy. They are harder to push around the floor and the steam doesn't pass through them as well because they are thicker. I had to change them more regularly because they went flat under the mop. Didn't wash well either.
on 15 November 2014
Good value for money. Read a few articles that said the pads were hard to fit? Don't see how? All you have to do is level the pad equally on all sides and then firmly draw the string in and lock. Will buy again.
on 20 January 2013
Very pleased with the vax cleaning pads. Bargain price and high quality product as hoped. Very pleased with cleaning performance.

See one answered question