Customer reviews

Document (25th Anniversary Edition)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 January 2014
Given that Michael Stipe's voice is louder and clearer than before, this is a move towards the "new-style" REM of "Out of Time" onwards. However, it still has enough rawness to count as "old-style". Not as consistently excellent as "Life's Rich Pageant", "Reckoning" or "Murmur", "Document" nonetheless contains some of REM's very best songs such as "It's the End of the World as We Know It" and "The One I Love". Necessary for any REM fan.
One person found this helpful
on 13 May 2014
Outstanding album with some great tracks on it, very good Sunday morning listening but one complaint. It won't play on my computer and as that is where I play my CD's it's not ideal. Works fine in my CD player upstairs but the mac and w7 laptop won't play it. A quick Google suggest that this is something deliberate done by Warner Bros to stop piracy but it does mean I can't listen to it on most of my equipment.
One person found this helpful
on 7 March 2013
Love the box, looks great on shelf beside other remastered and deluxe editions, one of my favourite REM albums and really wanted to hear how remastered would sound, much crisper and clear you will not be dissatisfied ..get it can't wait for Green remastered
2 people found this helpful
on 25 September 2016
Good early REM album. As good as their later more popular albums are, I love their more raw earlier sound.
on 26 November 2015
Loved it! I love REM and this is true to their style it is not quite as happy as reveal!
on 9 June 2014
Overall the cd is good mix of their songs considering its age. If I am honest AROUND the sun is my favourite, but this only my personal opinion.
on 11 March 2013
REM Document has a well deserved five star for one of the seminal albums of the 1980's. Some say it's their best album. All of the songs on this album are classics.
on 25 April 2014
For my money, REM sounded better 20 years ago. I remembered this album being raw and thought provoking at the time and buying it now hasn't disappointed. REM unpolished is the best way to think of this, but unpolished is not meant to be derogatory.
on 21 March 2017