Flavour: Rich Chocolate|Size: 2.1kg|Change

on 28 June 2013
First of all there is NOTHING wrong with the taste of this protein! Yes it isn't the best I've ever tasted but it is easily drinkable. When you get a NATURAL product you cant expect a luxury taste because it isn't crammed with the artificial sweeteners, flavourings etc that your body thinks it likes! Anyways, it tastes very earthy, a bit chocolatey and a bit like coffee (?) when mixed with the following it mixes VERY well and tastes absolutely fine; Almond milk, coconut milk, soya milk, oat milk, hemp milk. It doesn't mix or tastes good with cows milk but vegans wouldn't do that anyway. Reflex is a trusted name in supplements and one i have used many times. I have had great results from this protein and i wont be going back to whey (which contains lactose which isnt broken down well and bloats etc) also Reflex are a green company if you care about the environment. Service and delivery from this seller was EXCELLENT! I will definitely be coming back when this tub runs out which will be in no time soon!
on 3 March 2013
It is excellent quality protein. Really easy to mix - not like whey at all! And - the most important - it is not whey! It's totally vegan!!!

Taste - to me - excellent. Much better than most of whey proteins, or soya. Actually, whey and soya make me feel like throwing up right after drinking, especially when drinking larger quantities. I really have to drink slowly or add more water... or have a break. These I can drink even as a dessert, very thick, it's so good. I also tried chocolate but I think that smooth fruit is better. I am aware that some people hated the taste, I read reviews too... Well, it is apparently up to personal preferences. It is a quality protein and if you want to avoid whey for healthy or animal reasons - you will get used to it. I mix it with water, or juices, or add 100% cocoa powder and it always is great.
on 19 October 2014
I'm dairy intolerant and find protein shakes harder to get, I've tried loads now and some are badddd... This is nice and get lots for your money.. The delivery is good came on the date specified and in good condition.. Ill be ordering again.
on 6 July 2013
Doesn't taste of a great deal, but that isn'y why you take protein. If you cut out dairy in your diet and take this you will be shreddo.
on 11 July 2014
This protein has really been helping my performance at the gym and doing my fitness classes. I have managed to get used to the taste, but it isn't exactly pleasant.. That's the only reason I removed a star. Saying that, I'd rather have it natural rather than a product overladen with sugar and aspartame.
on 17 January 2016
Good nutrition, but I was expecting more of the flavour. I know proteins like this are hard to make taste good, but even I was surprised at how little I could handle the flavour. I can't drink it straight with sweetened soya milk, maybe normal milk would be easier (though defeat the point of this protein). Even when I mix it in with some porridge, I enjoy my porridge less because of it. I feel they should have added more sweeteners, as it requires adding a hefty amount to make it easier to eat, which adds to cost and reduces convenience. Maybe other flavours are better. Mine was chocolate, which is normally a safe bet.
on 16 April 2013
I ordered this products as part of my "moving towards a more plant based diet". Was really skeptical, seeing as I've tried rice protein before and hating it. Did not have my hopes up for pea protein, I mean: It's powdered peas! How great can it taste? Turns out, not half bad, considering. I've almost finished my first batch, and I am ordering seconds. I usually take it with oat milk (sometimes even dairy), and have no problems getting it down. I'm almost tempted to say it tastes good. If I compare it with other protein shakes I've had, its freaking amazing! (considering)

I have served this to friends as part of my breakfast smoothie (with banana, frozen berries, oat milk, lime, oranges, oats, peanut butter, and whatever else I can think of, like ginger and beetroot, in a blender with ice) and they honestly think it tastes great.

Taste is really only of secondary importance, even if I started off by commenting on it. Your primary concern regarding this product should be that it is really a top notch protein powder that can stand toe to toe agains the best of them (yes Whey, I'm looking at you). In terms of amino acid its right up there. Its high in glutamine and rich in argentine, with the bonus of having added stuff like probiotic, digestive enzymes etc. Its 74% protein, with 18.5g of protein per serving (1% carbs & 1.5% fats).

If you are looking for a vegan protein powder I think you'll be hard pressed to find any better, all things considered. If you just want something - anything - you might want to consider Whey. Personally I am really happy about this product, not just for taste, but general wellness. Drinking a lot of protein shakes (dairy) can be really rough on the stomach, as many of you probably will know (as well as those living under the same roof as you). Vegan protein is definitely more easy going, while helping you meet your dietary demands. Would definitely recommend it.
on 31 October 2015
This doesn't taste, or mix, as good as Sun Warrior, but it's not nearly as expensive either. It taste fine, a bit like a butterscotch 'angel delight' pudding from my childhood, rather than chocolate to my taste buds. I would also suggest adding a little more liquid & shaking it just a little bit longer than you would normally. I'm very happy with this protein powder. It's good value for money, and I would recommend it.
on 3 October 2015
As a lactose intolerant bodybuilder I had been searching for alternatives to the bog standard whey protein and had come across this product.
As we may know, or not know, vegan proteins can taste pretty awful e.g. pea protein, hemp protein or rice protein, this product wasn't very different and even though it gave good results, I simply couldn't continue the product as the taste was rather unbearable.
Good for a user who doesn't mind a bad taste (or cant taste at all)
on 21 November 2015
The powder itself if great. I feel awesome after one of these, no artificial junk and it has some probiotics too. I got the summer fruits flavour and although it is not sweet like most other shakes, it is nice, I actually prefer the savoury flavour now. Bear in mind this doesn't contain sucralose like most powders so it won't have that crazy sweet flavour and you CAN'T expect that from a product with no artificial flavours and barely any carbs. I would rather it be savoury and not full of junk. Also I like how it doesn't leave a nasty taste and make my breath smell horrible like other shakes can, this is probably because it isn't full of sugar and other junk.

I have had to drop it to 3 stars though, purely as the chocolate and strawberry flavour is £38 at the moment and the summer fruits is £28... Considering other websites can sell the other 'Reflex' flavours for £28, and the page says this comes straight from Reflex themselves, then why the hell can't they sell their own product for a competitive price? Why limit us to only summer fruits flavour only? I wan't to buy other flavours, but I don't feel like getting robbed for £10 in the process, every sip would taste like wasted money. I will update this to 5 star when the price is amended to actually make sense... £28 is bang on for this shake, perfect price, drop the price of the other flavours to £28 too like they are on every other website please...