Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4 Wired Gamepad (PC DVD/Mac)

on 27 March 2017
After 2-3 months of light use one of the buttons stuck. Learned lesson and bought replacement from reputable company
on 4 January 2017
Marketed as fit for Mac, the only thing it fits is the USB socket, does not work on a mac. Why the packaging says it does as plug and play is beyond me. A waste of money. There are third party apps apparently that you can use to get it working, seriously I do not have time for that. Avoid at all costs if you are a Mac user.
on 29 August 2013
as the title says..
purchased this to play games like Rise of the Triad, Borderlands 2 etc on PC, but it doesnt work.
Plug it in, and all the characters on any game do are spin around, and around, and around, and around...
Even going to properties and configuring the controller does not change this problem.

AVOID
on 13 July 2015
This is definitely not plug and play and doesn't like USB 3 at all! Tried on two Windows 8.1 computers (both less than 1 year old). Computer 1 is an Intel NUC with Core i5 CPU, laptop is a Lenovo B50_70. My NUC only has USB 3 ports and whilst the pad was detected, it was incorrectly so as a Thrustmaster 3.2. Calibration did not work and Windows saw it as two devices, an HID compliant controller and a Thrustmaster. During calibration in the controller applet no movement or button presses were detected. Using with MAME the controller worked occasionally but even then it was incorrect movement and button presses were not recognised or random.

On my laptop I connected via USB 2 to be on the safe side. Installation was successful this time and I thought it was going to work but whilst it was correctly detected by Windows this time and calibrated perfectly (all movements and button presses detected), it was not recognised as being installed by the game and no joystick or controller option was available in the game menu. I am now returning the pad and suggest you avoid as this seems to be as regular occurrence.
on 11 June 2015
Not compatible with any of the games I had previously purchased on Mac. This should be indicated in the product description.
on 21 January 2017
absolutely shocking controller literally spins you around in a circle , after unplugging the controller and re plugging it nothing happens would not recommend
on 28 August 2013
The only piece of electronics I've used longer than my Sennheiser PC151 headset is my Thrustmaster Dual Power 3. I'm not sure how many years exactly, but it must be approaching 10. Despite looking ragged from my travelling, it still works perfectly. Having served me so well, I decided to opt for Thrustmaster again and purchase the Dual Analog 4. For those that don't know, Thrustamster had a Dual Analog 3 (non-vibrating) and Dual Power 3 (vibrating). The images of the Dual Analog 4 make the pad look very solid and well built. In the hand it's a different story. First of all, it's smaller and lighter than the Dual Power 3 and as such it doesn't fit in my man hands so well. The plastic used, also feels cheap and I have doubts it'd ride through thick and thin with me like my previous pad. The offset analog sticks are of course copied from the Xbox style of controller. Having tried it, I'm certain the symmetrical configuration of the Dual Power 3 works better for me, as often I'll use both analog sticks simultaneously. The sticks also feel fragile in comparison to the previous generation. Lastly, for some reason, they've done away with the two underside triggers that would normally be operated with the middle finger and instead added tiny start and select style buttons on top of the pad. These are far less useful than the triggers. I'm not sure what happened in Thrustmaster's design department but they've really taken something that was great and made it worse in nearly everyway I can think of. A Mac user reviewed the pad, giving it 5 stars, stating that there was "No set up required and it worked instantly". In this day and age I would expect that from a simple input device anyway (at least for PC). I've now put the new pad back in it's box and will continue to use my old Dual Power 3 or replace it with a new Dual Power 3 (they're still sold here on Amazon, and cheaper than this pad).
on 24 May 2015
Bought this to play Call of Duty 4: Modern warfare on my Macbook pro, Mac OS 10.9.5. I could not get it to work at all. It said it was plug and play. But no response at all when I plugged it in. Switching on the gamepad option in Call of Duty made no difference.
Described as "Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4 Wired Gamepad (PC DVD/Mac)" but platform given as Windows 7/Vista/XP-no mention of Mac! So may be my fault!! Maybe only works on old Macs? or maybe not compatible with Call of Duty.
on 29 January 2016
Responds well, good cable length. Grip could be better.
on 2 April 2015
Worked straight out of the box, no need to install and software or drivers, just what I needed for my imac.