on 8 February 2016
Wow what an amazing kettle, I absoultely love it & goes well with my silver kitchen, I would definitely recommend buying it. Received it the day after I ordered too so that's a plus aswel :)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 19 December 2016
We seem to get through Breville kettles in our house, I don't know why but we've had a few over the years.

We particularly like to have the combination of water filter AND kettle in a single unit, so we're fairly restricted in our choice of manufacturer. Having had Breville in the past I decided to go overboard and bought this bright and colourful model from their range back in April 2014. Two and a half years later it's still going strong, so it's obviously pretty durable.

When it sits on its plate with water in it, there's a sequence of colours that it passes through for a while - never timed it, but it's at least ten minutes - before returning to 'sleep' mode. The 'press to boil' switch glows electric blue when the kettle is on and goes out when it comes to the boil .. really quickly.

If you're looking for a water filter kettle, this one is at least as good as any I've seen.
on 26 September 2016
Really nice looking but you have to wait for water to drain before topping up & boiling. I've not experienced limescale yet either and the lights are pretty. Got two friends who also have one & they're more than happy with it too. Lights do stay on for quite a while after boiling or even if you pick it up. It works well but not exactly the most environmentally friendly kettle and the lights are a bit pointless to be honest unless you want to turn the lights off & enjoy them. Nice gimmick & does the job but be warned, the filters aren't cheap but you can alternative replacements a lot cheaper if you shop around.
on 22 March 2015
We've had a kettle with an integrated filter for years and always been happy with the taste of the boiled water. This kettle, however produces awful plasticky and undrinkable water that taints your hot drinks. You can even smell the plasticky taint once you've made your drink - we tried various workaround (always filling the kettle fresh, never boiling water twice, etc). Eventually we started boiling water using a saucepan instead of using our swanky new kettle so have ended up returning it as defective! Judging by the comments, not everyone has this issue - but be warned! Otherwise, the kettle looks good and boils water quickly. The lights are lovely and the capacity is as advertised and speed of filtration is fine.
on 28 March 2016
I've owned water filtering systems before but never in a kettle. I must say that my coffee tastes cleaner if that's the word I'm looking for. Boils quickly, easy to fill and a wonderful light show. My only complaint is the amount of water it holds as I need to boil my water for the dogs as they are Westies with skin conditions. It holds 4 large cups of water for each boil which I guess isn't too bad just used to larger kettles I guess. Over all this kettle is a great addition to our counter top and the coffee tastes great, worth the money and the filters used are the same as for the Brita water pitcher. ..bonus
on 30 November 2015
Thought I was buying replacement for the previous straightforward colour-changing kettle. Luckily, I have an urn for when I have guests, as the 4-cup maximum is daft, especially with a kettle that's bigger than normal. AND it's too coimplicated to be expected to work properly - it's a KETTLE, not an aeroplane! and a bore to have to keep replacing filters - I already have softened water.

I did everything according to instructions - used it two or three times, it arrived Saturday, by Sunday evening - and I was out a lot in between - it's already not right; the lights aren't working, though the kettle boils. I expected less of the previous version and it lasted close to three years. This one is going back and I don't want a replacement. Maybe the old one again, if available. JE
on 16 March 2015
I live in a really hard water area, I bought this kettle because of the built in filter. I have been using it now for 5 weeks and it has only just started to get a little bit of limescale in the bottom. My old kettle used to be full of limescale within a week. Very pleased with my purchase. My only issue with it is that you have to fill up the chamber twice before you can get a full kettle on. However it wouldn't put me off highly recommending this kettle to others. Also really happy as I purchased this kettle when it was in special off so I found it great value for money.
on 17 October 2013
I had owned a previous model of the Breville Brita spectra design which lasted several years until it started to leak from the base. As it was such a good kettle and I liked the illumination and especially the Brita filter aspect, I decided to get another.
Having read other reviews I knew the fill capacity is smaller but I was quite surprised how small the top fill section is. This is the only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating. I find that a fill of the top section will not quite fill two mugs. So I do need to top it up more often.
The spectra illumination is beautiful. It cycles through the rainbow for 20 mins then switches off when left in standby. When you flick the switch to boil it goes blue then gradually turns red as it starts to boil, then turns green once boiled. Very clever. I do wonder how long the LEDs will last though.
Finally the Brita system in a kettle is a great idea. Keeps the kettle clean and filters for a better flavour.
on 7 March 2013
My previous Breville filter kettle gave me 6 years of great service so when it began to leak and started to look a bit worn I decided to replace it with this item that I thought would be a direct replacement - not cheap but I wanted long lasting quality.

It does what it says in boiling filtered water however the actual volume appears to have been greatly reduced which often means having to boil the kettle twice for the same amount of boiled water that I previously had.

Filling the kettle is also a little time consuming because you have to avoid over filling otherwise excess tap water will presumably cascade into the kettle itself, thus by passing the filter.

It is OK for boiling a single mug of tea but I am not as impressed as I was with the previous model.
on 31 August 2016
This kettle works, the filtered water actually makes a difference when making tea or coffee. No awful aftertaste with tea or even coffee. The only downside is that you have to tell guests NOT TO FILL THE KETTLE THROUGH THE SPOUT!!!

Other than that you can top up the water and turn it on and it will heat the water while it's filtering through. A great little kettle.