on 27 October 2013
This is the first ever travel guide published by The Rough Guides which I don't find helpful at all. I have so much trust in TRG that I don't even consider buying other guides. Unfortunately I'm very disappointed with this one. Reading it I have an impression that the authors didn't quite visit the places they are describing. I found a few mistakes, too (one for example offers accommodation in Byron Bay and when you actually check the suggested website it takes you to the West Coast). I don't find neither easy nor interesting to read. I bought it together with another Rough Guide to New Zealand, and the NZ one is fabulous. Reading the two simultaneously I cannot believe they come from the same family of guides. I have not checked other guides to Australia, so maybe it is the best you can get, but on the Rough Guides scale I would definitely give it 1 out of 10.
on 17 April 2017
A bit disappointing compared to the last one I read which was 'Hawaii'. This one is too thick and too densely written - and quite boring! Some clear descriptive text and recommendations would be welcome. This is just facts, facts, and more facts so it's not really a helpful guide for folks who rely on 'do and don't do. Waste of money. This is just my personal opinion!
on 31 October 2017
A great help to find things to do and see while on a trip the Australia. Obviously the book dose not show everything but at least it gives a good idea what others have seen in the various locations.
on 22 June 2013
I spent a whole great year all the way down under... besides taking advice from fellow travellers who have set foot on Aussie Soil... this book help me really see the most parts of Australia I really wanted too see... very well written and attention to detail is perfect for all circumstances, I especially liked the local history that was added within each section of the book all depending on what part you were exploring... the book didn't hold your hand it just gave you what you needed and left the rest to you, being that's the whole point of travelling I quickly adored this book, give these guys a chance it's a great book, give "lonely planet" a break
2 people found this helpful
on 10 November 2017
Fast delivery and great product. Would buy again.
on 28 October 2017
useful information and guide clearly shown and explained
on 21 April 2013
You can't beat a Rough Guide in your bag when travelling. This was indispensable in Sydney and Queensland, providing invaluable infomation on accommodation, restaurants etc. It is neccessarily limited (it covers a continent!) but the information is selected and prioritised in a most useful and helpful manner.
on 23 April 2018
Item as described
on 1 May 2013
I originally borrowed this from our local library and found it so informative that I decided to buy it. It is full of useful information and I will be taking this with me on my next trip later this year. Can't wait! I only wish this sort of excellent reference book was lighter in weight!
on 20 October 2017
My son was very pleased with it - all the information he needed for his trip.