1,572
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 12 October 2012
I admit I am a book reader. I also admit I am a fan of Miranda Hart. I noticed that the audiobook was read by her and only £1 more than the hardback, so I thought I'd give it a try. Miranda's voice and phrasing are so special it makes the book even funnier. Try something different if you are not an audiobook listener, it is worth it!
11 comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 October 2012
I love Miranda Hart, and find her very funny, so decided to read her book when it came out, having heard nothing about it previously. I was so glad I picked it up, and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who watches 'Miranda', and even those who are just in need of a lighthearded read.

It isn't a typical autobiography, set out religiously from childhood through to adulthood, but almost her train of thought on various topics ranging from Technology to Beauty, punctuated by 'conversations' with her younger self. Her distinctive voice and sense of humour shines through in the writing, so anyone who loves Miranda will be able to recognise the style instantly, and in places it truly made me laugh out loud.

It is reasonably short and easy to read, nothing dark or gritty (not that you would expect it!) and I defy anyone not to enjoy it!
22 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 April 2013
Very well written, it's a laugh! You can relate such a lot to your own experiences of life. Well don Miranda!
I went into this book not knowing a lot about it - I've not seen a lot of Miranda Hart, I don't watch many of her shows so I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I found this to be a funny and witty read. I enjoyed that this wasn't just about Miranda as a person, but her thoughts and feelings on a range of topics. It's a very easy to read, I found I was able to get into it straight away and it's a nice light-hearted read. Although it's not the genre of book I'd usually read, I was pleased that I picked it up and would definitely recommend to any fans of Miranda Hart.
on 5 January 2013
As the somewhat over-height product of a public school I may not be the most impartial reviewer, but this has had me laughing like a drain and doing that thing where you slow down to prolong the book when you see the end approaching.
on 4 December 2012
I LOVE Miranda and this was a really funny and warm read. I think almost everyone can identify with her, the title says it all.
But I don't love that Amazon won't pay their fair share of UK taxes.
44 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2012
I really loved this book but I hate the way Amazon doges its UK taxes. There is wonderful writing here but we all need to shout loud until Amazon pays its fair share. I really enjoyed this author's earlier books Tell Amazon to sign that cheque or forever lose my respect and the respect, no doubt, of this very fine author
on 10 May 2014
I love Miranda Hart so I thought I was in for a good read when I purchased this book and usually read a book in a day or quicker. I started this book and found it was total rubbish and made no sense at all, I read about 40 pages and put it down to try another day. I tried again and it still made little sense at all so the book sits there unread, has to be the worst book I have ever tried to read.
on 15 December 2013
The author writes just as if you are watching her sitcom. It is funny but there is one thing I find slightly annoying which is the fact that she starts refering ro her younger self. This is funny but gets quite irritating after a bit. I have not finished it yet for that reason so i'll persivere and maybe I'll stop noticing it. Otherwise it's a good read
on 15 December 2013
This book is the best read ever. It Is hilarious and like watching a series of Miranda on tv. I had to read this book right to the end. Lots of hidden meanings and emotions.