1,572
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 7 December 2012
Fantastic book, love Miranda Hart BUT hate the fact that this country is in recession and yet Amazon avoids paying their tax. And to add insult to injury I could have bought this book from The Book People for £5! From now on I will be shopping with British Companies directly who do pay their dues.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 11 October 2012
I've finished this but wish I hadn't as from the start this is typically Miranda Hart. Read it again. Her humour shines through and her comedy and 'in your face' comments are the best. What a wonderful insight into everyday events we encounter. Miranda writes as she speaks leading to an entertaining and thoroughly addictive read. Although we miss the visuals and spoken words, as with most good books, imagination and memory kick in that we imagine, hear and see. There's a part of most us in her narrative that we have confronted in our lives. Maybe Miranda's response is different but honest. I don't think it is just you, she affirms, yet it is, because our recognition of others is reflected in the reading and Miranda's take off spontineity. It is a one off from a stand alone comic. Almost fell over laughing. Marvellous book.
on 27 June 2014
I love Miranda. I was given this book as a Christmas present and had only just gotten round to reading it. To be brutally honest, at first I couldn't see the fuss. It felt forced and awkward, and utterly unfunny. I carried on reading it, waiting for the good bit, and was almost halfway through before it actually started. Part of what annoyed me was the gags aimed at certain areas. At one point, there was a gag aimed at Cumbria, then another one aimed at Swansea and I just didn't see the point in them. It felt like cheap writing, as though she had ran out of ideas and 'witticisms', and therefore the only solution was to mock. I personally cannot stand humour that does that for entertainment because I find it cruel more than funny. However, I stuck with it and in the end, it was genuinely hilarious! Some of the points about beauty regimes, exercise and just general life were utterly side-splitting. I wish it had been like that throughout the whole book, without the half-book introduction before she seemed to settle down. It seems to be a bit of a problem with comedians though, as if by the time they reach the halfway point, they come into their own and realise that they're writing a book, not performing a sketch. That isn't supposed to sound derogatory, it is only an observation based on other books by comedians (Jon Richardson especially). Good book in the end though, just keep on reading.
on 5 March 2014
I couldn't get away with this at all. It's not a biography as such. It reads more like her TV series. Miranda is a very funny lady and there were parts that made me giggle but I feel it could have done without her 18 year old self being in it and also when she talks to the camera, it works on tv but not in a book.

Others may love this book, but not my cup of tea at all.
on 26 January 2013
Just doesn't work. I was looking forward to a lighthearted amusing autobiography but this reads like an awkward 15 year old's efforts, doesn't flow and is cringingly, pointlessly ridiculous and very dull indeed. Gave up after three chapters on my Kindle. What a shame i didn't download a preview as i'd never have wasted my £10! Comedy Miranda great, but this doesn't work.
on 30 October 2013
In case Miranda should happen to read this, I'd just like to point out that, no, it isn't just you! Some great snippets (lovely word that... Snippets!) of info about "M's" early days, and you can see where some of those characters have come from for her TV series. There are some more serious moments, but mostly it's like having a conversation with the good lady herself. Marvelosimus !
on 29 November 2013
It's even funnier than the Miranda TV series, if that was possible! Very funny and the book is written in a very singularly personal way; you are given the impression that she's just talking to one person - you - which makes it very endearing and "such fun". Hard to put down. Buy it - it'll cheer you up, no end, during the dreary grey days till Christmas! :)
on 6 December 2012
Miranda Hart is one of the nations best loved comics. The question is, how well does her humour transfer into printed form. You could be forgiven for thinking that as a larger than life tv clown her style would be frustrated by the neat structure of a printed page. Fortunately Miranda has more to her humour than an admittedly perfect combination of physical and narritively conveyed awkwardness. Perhaps i never should have doubted the ability of the written word to paint a picture, and a hilarious one at that! For the outsider--and thats most of us at some point-- this is part self help part laughter therapy. Thoroughly recommended.

Im not sure if corporations feel embarrassment. I fear not, i`m certain that if they did Amazon wouldn't be letting go of this book it would be reading it and trying to come to terms with it's new found status as a subject of public ridicule. Go on, pay your taxes.
on 17 November 2012
I must say, I love Miranda's series and was very excited when I found out she was writing a book.
Unfortunately, it just didn't WORK!!!
Miranda has these little, and some what tedious conversations with he young self, which just seem wrong and frankly, arn't very interesting.
I had read an excellent sample of her book in a magazine but I was very disappointed with the full book. Yes, the sample was clever, witty and funny but after 400 pages of trivial conversations and unfunny jokes, I got a little fed up. See if you can find the magazine article I read because it is really worth reading. This book, however, is not.

Just buy her series, don't waste you money on this below average book.

Sorry Miranda!! I still love you!!
on 13 January 2013
Some sections had me laughing out loud (but trying to suppress it because my husband was asleep next to me - which made me laugh more & for longer!!). Some sections I found my mind wandering as they seemed to waffle on about nothing. Sorry Miranda.