Customer reviews

Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey, 70 cl

on 24 October 2017
My favorite whiskey, smooth full bodied rounded flavor.

Slightly burnt taste full bodied very rounded off more so than Jason regular it does not have the slight sharpness and aftertaste but instead replaces it with the rounded of burnt taste,

With Jameson, I would compare it to the difference between a good solo musician and a band you can taste a single malt and it tastes distinct and often good, but with Jameson and possibly other blended whiskey you get the full band a rounded off flavoured with one flavour standing out from the rest with this black barrel that distinct one that stands out from the rest is mellow slightly burnt taste black barrel also has other flavours close to it making it overall very rounded off and smooth, whereas Jameson regular also has a full set of flavours but its outstanding one is less subtle more high energy more like Glenmorangie with Jameson regular it's much less subtle and stuck out significantly from the other flavours.

it's good to have a few whiskeys and whisky's but if I could only have one forever it would be Jameson black barrel.
on 17 December 2017
If you are a whisky lover like me then you will really want to take advantage of this small batch whisky release from jamesons. I typically drink single malt whisky however I have always enjoyed jamesons as an every day drinkable dram.
What can you expect from this tipple? Well it is slightly different from normal jamesons as it is a combination of grain whisky and standard pot still distilled whisky. The results are really quite surprising, beautiful notes of vanilla and toffee with a unique cereal note and that classic jamesons oaky finish. It is silky smooth and although different tasting notes to your standard jamesons it retains those classic characteristics we all know and love from the standard bottling.
I got this whisky at £25 and am really pleased with it, definitely worth a try.
on 7 January 2017
Most Jameson's products meet with my approval and Black Barrel is no exception. It's an Irish bourbon, basically, except made with Barley (if that doesn't sound too Irish). Delicious.

On my whiskey wall at the moment I have the Black Barrel, the standard Jameson, the Cross 10 or whatever it's called (the one with a big X on the label) and two bottles of the 18-year-old (well, to be accurate, one and 1/3 bottles of the 18). I also have, among the usual excellent Scottish malts and blends, a bottle of Writers Tears and an Irish grain whiskey so you can see that the Emerald Isle is well represented in our household. All of these sit alongside the magnificent 50% ABV beast that is Knob Creek, a small batch beauty of a bourbon that has supplanted Buffalo Trace in my bourbon affections - and that took some doing as I have been a BT fan for many years.

That's the good news. The bad news is that at the time of writing I am just seven days into Dry January! 😭🥃 These are desperate times....
on 13 April 2017
I'm a great fan of Irish Whisky, however I am struggling with this one. I find it rather acidic and rough on the palette and not as good as the standard Jameson which is my favourite tipple by far. An 'OK' drink but not one to write home about.
on 9 September 2017
Great great great daily Whiskey. After a long day this is a nice Jameson it is really good. This is similar if not the same to the old Small Batch which was one of my favourite Whiskey's. Make sure you always have a couple of these in the cupboard, you don't want to run out ;-)
on 5 November 2015
Fantastic bargain bought in a flash sale which saved me almost £10 on supermarket price. I'm not a major whiskey drinking, but do appreciate a good drop and this didn't disappoint. Find scotch too harsh but this is lovely and smooth.
on 16 March 2017
Bought it for other half and he really enjoyed it. He loves Jamesons but remarked that this tasted better than the standard with some really nice flavours thrown into the mix - would definitely buy again!
on 28 September 2017
I'm not a big fan of whiskey. I usually buy it for a friend of mine. But this is actually really good. I loved it and how smoothly it went down. I guess it's a matter of taste.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 December 2015
Very smooth and refined. Extremely palatable.
on 22 January 2018
Brought this as a Xmas present brother likes Jameson whisky so this was a surprise he was very pleased with it
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse