Customer reviews

on 2 February 2014
I find these '99 Most Essential...' series at such a reasonable price an absolutely wonderful way for the classical music loving novice to expand their tastes. I am new to the music of Schubert so much of this music is novel, and unfamiliar to me. I can't offer any qualified critiques of the performances, but I know what I like. The quality of the recordings though is of the highest kind making the whole package well worth the money.
on 17 September 2012
This mp3 download is a marvellous collection of Schubert's ouvre, including Symphonies 3,4,5,6,8, and 9 complete, the "Rosamunde" and "Death and the Maiden" string quartets, the "Trout" quintet and many other excellent works; and all at an absolutely bargain price. Highly recommended.
7 people found this helpful
on 16 March 2014
Relax, lie back and enjoy this great 'collection' of Schubert's music. 'Product' and 'service' well up to the standards that we have come to expect of Amazon. Thanks and best wishes to all.
on 23 May 2014
What a wonderful opportunity to get to know some extremely "musical" pieces of music. Schubert has a light melodious touch that belies his skill and depth. Sit back and enjoy over 13 hours of beautiful music for under £5.00.
on 20 November 2015
Good stuff
on 16 December 2013
Superb value for the money. Although artists were unknown to me the quality of the sound thus far ( I haven`t had time to play all 99 tracks) is good/very good .One of the best musical bargains.
on 11 May 2013
what a composer,all tracks are great,how can one man writ e so many varied compositions,would reccomend,got in ot him from Stanley Kubrick films.
on 24 April 2014
Obviously great value but the movements of Death and the Maiden are in the wrong order, which will be a constant irritant.
on 2 March 2013
Have heard better recordings of these Schubert pieces but this is fine for my MP3 player and good value for money.
on 22 February 2015
I think the music of Schubert is fantastic and was looking for a lot of it for background music while working. This was exactly what I was looking for and was a very good price for it.