on 4 December 2012
This case is very good value for money. The colour is good - not too bright. It was delivered quickly an works just as it 'says on the packet'.
on 25 December 2012
Easy and colourful it is a good quality and I am A happy boy with my cover for my Kindle HD
on 30 March 2013
just what i needed , love the color, will recommend to others, easy to use. looks better than the picture.
on 29 October 2012
I had always intended buying a case for my Kindle Fire HD although I first wanted to see what became available, especially with regard to generic cases. I am not averse to paying top dollar for an official Kindle case but I first wanted to be satisfied that their case was going to meet my needs. Having read the reviews on Amazon.com's Website I had some doubts. The following issues have been raised by reviewers.

1. The stand feature. The Kindle case can be used in either landscape or portrait mode. The former works reasonably well although several people have commented that is tends to slip on hard surfaces, particularly shiny tops. Users have also commented that it is difficult to use the stand for typing. Because it is not possible to use the stand at a shallow angle. In portrait mode the screen has to be at 90 degrees. There is no adjustment.
2. Some users commented that the case can feel slippery and difficult to hold.
3. Apparently the volume controls are not always easy to find and there are also issues with the headphone jack.
4. Finally, there have been comments on the quality of the case and its lack of protective padding. I suspect that this is an inevitable problem with designing and manufacturing a case which is intended to be very thin and unobtrusive. However, if you are paying £37 for a case then you are entitled to expect a much better product.

For me, one of the deciding factors was the stand feature. I liked the way that with the Marware Vibe you can (in landscape mode) angle the Fire HD in any position. Both cases use the magnet closure device, which I regard as a very important facility for saving battery power. Of course, this device doesn't turn everything off but it simply powers down the screen. If music is being played it will continue to do so and this is the same irrespective of the chosen case.

As you can see I chose the red case. I had some difficulty choosing the colour because all the options look garish and arguably a little cheap. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I took the case out of its box. While I accept the fact that it does not look quite as expensive as the official case it still looks pretty good and it will provide very good protection to your tablet. It wins hands down on its usability and especially the flexibility of your choice of viewing angles. I also like the neat elastic strap which keeps the case either firmly closed or open. It is very easy to fit the Kindle in the case.

To summarise, these are the Positive points.

a) The case is versatile and allows you to angle your Kindle as you wish without fear that it will slip on shiny surfaces.
b) The case provides good cushioning and protection for your Kindle.
c) The case has a useful elastic strap to keep the front either closed or open.
d) While not leather the case is nonetheless quite attractive.
e) Like the official case it is fitted with a magnetic closure to preserve battery like.
f) It is good value for money!

Against

a) If you love leather and hate all plastics then you may not like this case. Personally, I love it!
b) Depending upon how you mount the Kindle in the case (there are 2 options) you may not have access to either the charging outlet or HDMI connection unless the case lid is open. Personally, this is not a problem for me but it may concern some people. For a more detailed explanation I suggest that you check out the reviews on Amazon.com. There are ways of getting round this issue.

If in doubt it is well worth visiting the Amazon.com website where it is possible to see videos of the whole range of Marware cases. I have tried to point out the pros and cons of both this case and the much more expensive official case. There are arguments for and against both cases and I have tried to ignore those issues which appear very minor or where they have only been mentioned by a miniscule minority of people. However, in the end it boils down to personal choice and the issues which you feel are most important to you.
77 Comments| 287 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2012
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Kindle Fire HD case looks and feels very sturdy and protects the Kindle Fire well. The Kindle slots in effortlessly and clicks into place. I like the fact that it has a stand for when you want to see films/iplayer etc. although it does create a crease down the back which, over time, may well weaken it. I'm also slightly disappointed that the stand is only viewed in landscape (good for films I admit) but not so good for books as there are far less lines to read on a page - but that's just a minor gripe and it's great not to have to keep holding it when reading in bed - just swiping to the next page is a delight. But for carrying around, it looks and feels a good quality item.
on 4 November 2012
This kindle case is a great buy it fits my fire kindle like a glove, this prduct

is worth every penny.
I give it a full 5 stars.
Regards
Andy.
VINE VOICEon 24 November 2012
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Amazon's own cover is just a bit too much for me to pay. As a compromise, I'm very happy with this cover. Ok, so it's not leather and doesn't look as stylish as the real thing. But it's well made and the Kindle is a really good, secure fit. It works equally well as a cover and a stand. On balance I'm very happy to have a good cover and £17 change in my pocket to spend on something else.
VINE VOICEon 1 December 2012
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I would imagine that anyone with a Kindle Fire HD would want to protect it as well as they could. Whilst not as expensive as an iPad, it would still be a pain if it got scratched or damaged.

This case is a great solution to protect your Kindle, especially as the official case from Amazon is nearly double the price (although I haven't used one of those so I can't comment as to whether it has added features that this one doesn't).

The Kindle fits in the case very well although, as many other reviewers have already stated, the case will only fit the Kindle Fire HD, the standard Kindle will not fit as it is a different size.

The stand feature is great for the landscape view although it does not work if you want the Kindle upright (to read, for example). Personally I read in places where a stand would not be useful at all so this isn't a problem for me.

A lot of people have complained about the feel of the materials used to make the case but you get what you pay for. If you want a case that looks/feels nicer then look somewhere else. I don't have a problem with the feel of the case, it does its job and that's all I want it to do.

If you're happy with a simple case that does its job then look no further. This is a great case for the price and I would happily recommend it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 23 November 2012
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The case fits the Kindle Fire HD perfectly and feels very secure. The stand feature works very well allowing you to use the Kindle at a good range of angles in landscape mode. It is stable enough to be able to use the touchscreen without either the Fire or the case sliding. However it doesn't work as a stand in portrait mode, which means when reading books you really have to hold it or get used to reading in landscape

To make the sleep function work you need to ensure the Fire is fitted the right way up - that is, with the USB and HD output slots to the inside. This strikes me as very odd since it means the case has to be left open while charging or streaming from the Fire, thus leaving the screen unprotected. However, if you fit the Fire the other way round then the sleep function doesn't work leading to battery drain.

My case is black and looks very smart and the elastic strap feels sturdy enough to last well. Unfortunately the case feels horribly plasticky on the outside. Oddly the inside feels much nicer - shame the outside isn't up to the same standard.

In comparison to the official Kindle case, this one is much better as a stand - the Kindle one tends to slip. However the Kindle case has the recharging and HD slots in the right place to be able to use them with the case closed, is completely enclosed even round the edges providing better protection and has grids over the speakers to ensure no muffling of the sound. Both allow use of control buttons and the earphone socket when closed. The Kindle case also looks and feels much nicer than the Marware. Of course, it's nearly twice the price so should be better.

So for me the perfect case would look, feel and work like the Kindle case but have the better stand functionality of the Marware - the search is still on. Overall though this is a good case, let down by a couple of small design flaws.

Edit: I've now also had the chance to try the Belkin Glam Tab Case and while it's still not perfect, it is now my favourite case. Like the Marware, the slots are to the inside, but the stand works as well as the Marware and it both looks and feels much nicer and better quality. It is quite a bit more expensive though so the Marware remains a very good option for the price.
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 October 2012
I needed a cover for my new kindle fire hd to be able to throw it into my handbag without damage. Purchased this one because it was lighter than many of the others. Well made, looks good, and protects my kindle - cant ask for anything more!
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse