Customer reviews

on 14 April 2013
I've been coding on an amateur/hobbies basis since the days of Code Warrior thro' Project Builder to various versions of Xcode to the present Xcode 4. I claim some experience but not to be an expert and wonder if I am properly qualified to review this book: I will anyway.
The jump from Xcode 3 to 4 I found quite significant and that my earlier books were not of great help, hence this purchase. I found it very readable and easy to follow but wonder if this would be the case for a complete newcomer to Xcode. It definitely got me going in 4 and resolved some problems that foxed me in earlier versions. In the later 'hours' it treats material that I will be unlikely to need but browsing indicates that the treatment is equally readable.
Whilst there are many code snippets to illustrate the ideas discussed more and longer ones would have helped me. One can download extended code examples but like those in other books they are too complicated for the non expert to follow. One has to wait until 'hour' 15 before a full example application is developed.
I can certainly recommend this book to those with some knowledge of Xcode and will probably good for the expert.
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 17 April 2013
24 Hour books generally give impression of its a 'pick-up/put down' product to use when convenient. Not so, requires dedication. Lessons need to be taken within reasonable time of each other. Recommended
|0Comment|Report abuse