Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now

Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 8 June 2017
As most Catrin Collier books the stories are set in Wales. At the big miners strike around 1920 the government broke in strike breakers from Ireland which the Welsh called:"Black eyed Devils. This is a short story., but I liked it.
on 17 July 2014
I have got every book Catrin collier has written and I love them and if you look at the reviews I have done 5 out of 5. But this book just stops I had to check the kindle to see if I had missed half the book????? It could have gone on to tell us about the wedding and if she finds out who her real mother was. Did someone else finish the book.
on 30 July 2017
another favourite author of mine. An excellent quick read
on 19 September 2017
Another wonderful book by this author can't put it down .
on 5 September 2017
Excellent book
on 22 March 2009
Love these quick reads for when you're in between books but don't want to get into a big novel. Brilliant as always!
on 12 May 2009
I saw this in a supermarket not looking for anything but when I saw the author I new it would be good. It's not worthy of a quick read it should be made into a full novel as so much has to be explored. I would have loved if some of the characters from her 'Pontypridd' series popped up in their younger years. But altogether a well though out story.
on 2 January 2011
I love all Catrin Collier's novels. I can identify withvthe places in them as I live in the Pontypridd area! A bit of escapism with a dash of realism!
on 14 August 2009
These quick reads are perfect as a taster for people who struggle with literacy or who want to know more about an author. I thoroughly recommend them
on 14 June 2016
I have always been such an admirer of Catrin Collier's work. However, this was so short that the storyline was never fully developed, which left me feeling frustrated and rather cheated. Like some other readers, I found myself checking whether I skipped chapters on the Kindle by accident. If it's the first time anyone else has read a Catrin Collier book, please don't be put off as she is a superb storyteller.