on 8 July 2013
Really very cool, especially for the price! I've not stopped using it yet! Just beware that you are buying a MICROSCOPE to look at SMALL things and not a telescope to zoom on far away things!
on 12 December 2012
Rather good piece of kit, more or less the same as seen on Elementary. Vignetting can be overcome with pinch/stretch zoom.
The focus can be a little tricky but you soon get used to it. Does exactly what I want it do.
Very bright pure white LED illumination. The UV LED is bright, but I've not had cause to use it in anger.
Overall, as an alternative to my Eschenbach hand lens, it is excellent.
Beware overpriced versions.
on 3 April 2014
Firstly I wanted to say that delivery was super fast!

This little pocket scope is perfect and easy to use along with fantastic value for money.

I ordered my on Tuesday and it arrived today, Thursday.

Upon opening the package, I wasn't sure whether or not the little plastic phone attachment was included for the price ( it was included) I immediately set about attaching it all together.

Easy peasy. Was looking at a 60x micro image of my finger prints.

Focusing the microscope is as simple as turning the entire light attachment from left to right etc.

Within 5 seconds I was focused on my finger print.

This will come in very very hand as it was a struggle using a jewellers loupe.

Great item. Would seriously recommend to anyone looking replace their 30x jewellers loupe.
on 12 August 2013
I bought the lens for my phone after i was recommended by a photographer and was impressed with what he had achieved with it connected to his iphone 4s. When i tried to use it it didn't work even tho i followed the instructions and attached it correctly to my phone but the pictures would take because it wouldn't focus. I wouldnt recomend because even tho its a cheap price it doesn't work
on 17 April 2013
Great microscope. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW ITS A MICROSCOPE NOT TELESCOPE. Really high quality pictures and good use out of it.
on 15 January 2015
This is meant for an iPhone, but I don't own one. However, I do own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and had bought some excellent Patuoxun lenses (fisheye, macro, wide & telephoto for £11) which came with spare adhesive steel mounts to put on anything that you want to stick these magnetic lenses onto. Fortunately Patuoxun included a few spare magnetic rings as well. So, I glued (rapid Araldite) a magnetic ring onto the rubber eye-piece end of the microscope, and stuck a self-adhesive (removeable) steel ring onto the Galaxy Tab.

It works just fine. You need to brace & steady everything before you take the photo because the depth of focus is very shallow and the image snaps in, and out, of focus very easily. Oh, and don't expect the image to fill your view-finder / screen; you get a circle of microscope image in the middle of the screen, so expect to crop and trim to get a normal rectangular photo. Of course this will reduce resolution (size of finished photo) some what.

As a retired industrial chemist who has worked with microscopes costing many thousands of £ UK I would say this Mini Microscope is extremely good value - well, even just buying the batteries on their own is almost the cost of buying this microscope!
on 20 December 2013
So disappointing! I bought this for my son but I'm not even going to give it to him, it's so rubbish! I've tried it on my iphone and nothing comes up. I can't even focus on anything! Honestly don't even bother!
on 15 January 2014
The instructions are written in badly translated Chinese (example "It should be grateful to use the phone if the camera lens at the center, on the direct absorption in the Ring to use."). It does not help that the instructions seem to be for a different product entirely (a wide angle lens). The instructions come with diagrams that are so small you will need the microscope to be able to see them!

I get the idea. You have to stick a magnetic ring around your camera lens, then the microscope is supposed to magnetically stick to the ring. Trouble is, the sticky on the magnetic ring is not very sticky and the weight of the microscope is too much for the magnet. (Although I got 3 magnetic rings, only one of which is round, the other two have kinks in them, so maybe I should have done something with them).

From the 30 seconds I got it working, there is no way this is 60x magnification. If I was generous I would say 3-4x magnification at best. You won't be gasping in wonder as the world of bacteria is revealed before your eyes. If you're lucky you will see the fibres in paper.

It comes with a loop of plastic with another magnetic ring on it. If I understand the 'instructions' correctly ("You can hang it on mobile telephone use gallus. if you use it often.") then I could swing my phone from the magnetic ring. After seeing how the microscope fell off, I don't think I will. Although, having just googled 'gallus', maybe I need the help of a self-confident Scottish man who is destined for the gallows?
on 2 June 2014
Not a very good product , ok for the kids to play with , but would not recommend,but what do you expect for such little money
on 8 June 2013
Couldnt see anything other than a blurry picture. Zooming in/ot on th iphone made no difference. Complete waste of money. Went in bin.