on 26 June 2017
Excellent item, good condition correspondence with seller A+++
on 19 August 2017
Really please with the ease of uploading and use and enhanced my computer so much
on 30 July 2017
5 Stars Thank a lot.It was great.

Thanks again Brian
on 11 March 2015
Works well for me !!
on 9 July 2014
I was not sure about upgrading to windows 8 / 8.1 because of all the complaints, but now I've been using it a while I think it's great, and it is about time we had a new fresh modern interface for Windows. Just note this product is not a CD, but is for downloading Windows 8 from the Microsoft site, and it gives you the proper genuine Microsoft authentication key you need. This is a genuine retail Microsoft product key card, in the original unopened Microsoft retail display package, and It works great. CD's are old hat these days anyway, and if you really need to you can download an ISO file and burn a CD image.
on 15 April 2014
Cheapest upgrade I've been able to find. Did exactly what I needed and after installing it I was able to upgrade straight after to Windows 8.1 without an issue. Now my laptop is faster to boot up and uses less battery. Perfect
on 21 January 2015
What you get is a small card with a registration number on it. I downloaded the files from the web site as instructed and ran the installation. When I opened up my machine (high end PC running windows 7) it kept closing itself down again before booting was complete. I was able to get my machine running by booting to windows 7 and I got the message 'We could not install Windows 8'. I then noticed that on the package is some small print which says 'not under license from manufacturer'. Is this a fake product?
I would not recommend this to my worst enemy.
review image
on 7 July 2014
I was a bit nervous, as the pricing for this upgrade was very competitive compared to other suppliers. However, it worked and even supported the upgrade to 8.1 online.
on 31 December 2014
Have brought two of these over four months - upgraded a PC from vista and upgraded a second PC from windows 7. Took the opportunity to keep the personal data but remove the applications. Then reinstall any old apps needed. The upgrade to 8 and then to 8.1 was really smooth. V8 downloaded from the website fairly quickly and V8.1 from the playstore quickly as well (have a decent broadband speed). The biggest difference is that PC's that would take 5-10+ mins to boot are now both under a minute. Personally like the new windows 8.1 layout etc. One tip for any old products (like Microsoft office) is to use a 'free' key finder on your machine before upgrade so that you have any old keys ready to re-install your apps afterwards. Second tip is that between 8.0 and 8.1 you will need to apply lots of patches to 8 including the first one that updates the windows update program (this was all straight forward for me but just takes time).
on 16 November 2014
I have successfully upgraded my PC from Vista Ultimate to Windows 8.1 Pro, via this upgrade and I love Win 8.1 - it's great being able to download apps as I do on my phone and iPad, and the new interface problems are largely solved with 8.1, especially if you use a tablet and smart phone so have a feeling for how this kind of interface works. Win 8, however, is frustrating so definitely upgrade asap to 8.1 for a much improved experience (hence the 4 not 5 stars).

The upgrade from Vista Ultimate was actually straightforward. From internet articles I was expecting to have to create an iso disc and do a clean install from external media, but in fact 8 Pro upgraded perfectly over Vista Ultimate via the installer, which was lucky as it wouldn't copy the iso to my PC or any attached media. I needed to install a number of updates to Win 8 before the Win 8.1 upgrade would download so I got some laundry done while I waited. There's no doubt that installing Win 8.1 via a Win 8 product key card is more time consuming than getting a Win 8.1 DVD, presumably that explains the price difference. However, if you've got a bit of time and enjoy playing with computers, this is a perfectly acceptable upgrade route.