Customer reviews

on 6 January 2013
Wow what a read. Paul Nixon narrates his journey through his career, bringing through the pages his anxieties that are / were a daily challenge. A very real book, with the trials and tribulations still being ones I could identify with. The demon / self doubt I thought was just me made this all the more compelling. Once finished I was wanting more, great read, great bloke and clearly a great supportive family.
on 3 December 2012
My Dad was very pleased when he received this book for his birthday! I would recommend to any cricket fan!
on 29 September 2013
To play for England in a World Cup in the twilight of your career is an achievement and this is just one of many recounted by Nixon. "Keeping Quiet" stands out among contemporary autobiographies/biographies by really digging into the mental side of the game, particularly how Nixon continually improved and worked on his game throughout his career.
on 7 May 2014
Honest, lots of stuff about the inside (dressing room, disputes) etc.

Less about the technical aspects of the game.

Maybe went on a bit in some areas e.g seances etc.

Overall very good, if not as entertaining as Simon Hughes autobio which in my opinion is the yardstick
on 19 February 2013
Excellent book. Provides insight to what goes on inside the boardroom. Not full of statistics and ego trips. A committed cricketer who worked hard and played hard. Paul was down to earth but unbeknown to some had to deal with his little demon. The writing is in plain english and flows
on 6 November 2013
I did not really know too much about this author before I read the book even though I like to think of myself as a cricket fan but this is an entertaining book and quite well written. I recommend it for cricket fans generally particularly those who remember this man Paul Nixon.
on 19 March 2015
Really enjoyed the book & was well wrote & was a very honest autobiography & shows just what a popular player nico was ...Was the heartbeat of a good Leicestershire team ... & will always be held in high esteem in this lovely county ...Would recommend this book to everyone
on 3 July 2012
A thoroughly entertaining insight into the world of international and domestic cricket from one of the games true legends. Quite simply - the must have sporting autobiography of the year.
on 22 October 2013
I don't read many books but I couldn't put this down. I am still in awe of how well Paul did to get to where he did with all the self doubting and issues he had. Absolutely brilliant read I would tell everyone to give it a go!
on 26 August 2013
......into the world of professional sport, and cricket in particular. It's a great view of the changes in cricket from a clique ridden set of individuals to an inclusive team ethic.