Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.31

on 12 July 2017
This didn't grab me like several other books by the author have done.

It was all looking like Seth WAS the killer, which I know was the whole point, but he did come across as being a bit too quick to anger and rather crazy. It made him a bit hard for me to like.

That being said Ellie drove me mad on several occasions too. She was just so anti-anything-involving-a-guy and was rather hurtful to Seth at times and I couldn't understand his fascination with her.

I am making a point to read my way through this authors books and the fact this one didn't gel with me hasn't changed my mind about that.
on 2 June 2017
This is honestly the best book I've read in ages, teen angst and hormones and honestly relationships as well and laugh out loud comedy moment and a pun or two for good measure. Recommended read. 🙌🏻
on 2 April 2017
I was on my toes the entire time: I couldn't put it down.
The situations had me laughing out loud and others going what will happen now?
It has an awesome twist that made me reread the book trying to pick up clues
I love it and definitely recommend it. Read this book!! You will not regret it: you'll fall in love just like I did with all the characters and how real they are
on 16 July 2017
I usually love Kelly's books but this one left me very conflicted. I didn't like the main characters at all. Seth genuinely seemed like he needed a lot more therapy & socialisation, and Ellie was very hot cold aggressive hard to like.
on 5 June 2017
This is such a great read and a different plot line than I'm used to with teen romance stories. I kept jumping form wanting them to get together and then not just in case he really was the killer.
on 1 May 2017
This book is amazing!! Seriously! The suspense, the raw emotions, the realness of the characters, just completely amazing. Must read!
on 4 June 2013
Serial Hottie very much has me in two minds, on the one hand I really enjoyed the story but on the other Seth's character is rather disturbing, but given that the whole premise is that Ellie thinks Seth is the killer because he's so creepy you can't have the book without it.

The first half of the story is really fun, Ellie's narration is highly entertaining and I thought she came across as intelligent and brave. The spying on the Seth and their first meeting was great. Then at the halfway point Ellie and her sister seem to swap personalities and the Ellie began to lose my support.

Seth does have moments but on the whole he's the kind of love interest that makes me think of a giant red 'no' flashing above his head. The second half of the story dragged for me but Ellie's character change might be partly to blame for that.

I did enjoy reading this and think Kelly Oram has a knack for writing stories that keep you reading. There are plenty twists thrown in so you don't really know who is the killer.
on 26 October 2012
3.5 stars!

After reading Kelly Oram's new upcoming release V is for Virgin - which I really loved, I decided to try another one of her books; Serial Hottie and overall, I'm glad I did because I really enjoyed it.

Eleanor "Ellie" Westley, is a hockey obsessed teenage girl who has three boys for best friends known as the three J's. It's safe to say, Ellie is more of a tom-boy than a girl's girl but that's okay with her because she has no plans to date to act like a girl......well that is until her new neighbour moves into the house next door and guess what? He's a totally hottie! Soon Ellie finds herself interested in make-up and dressing up and Seth has definitely noticed her. As Ellie and Seth get closer, she starts to notice weird things about him and when a two girls are murdered in her neighbourhood, Ellie thinks she's found the killer.....Seth!

Serial Hottie is a fun story, one that is full of mystery and laugh out loud moments. I'm not a big fan of mystery novels but Kelly Oram really made me enjoy this book because she really keeps you guessing all the way through as to who is the killer. With all the evidence points to Seth, it was good watching Ellie try to unravel all his secrets because she's also trying to fight her attraction to him too. At one point I even thought I knew who the killer was, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out my guess was actually wrong - by a long shot! It's not easy to work out who the killer is and I loved that about this book.

Ellie is a great character - one that's a little rash but still she's fun, independent and loveable. I loved her personality, it was great reading about her experiencing kissing, dressing up and hanging out with actual girls but then I loved her tom-boy side too. The girl that's happy to rough and tumble with the boys in a fight and play hockey. She was a very well rounded character and she definitely appeals to everyone. I did think she over reacted sometimes but for a girl that's not experienced a lot of stuff before, I think she handled it pretty well.

Now Seth, he's a tough one. I loved him but he came on to Ellie very, very strong. I could see why Ellie had such a hard time to start with because it's almost creepy. I can understand his problems due to his past and his personality disorder but it was a bit worrying at times. When he was being normal, sweet Seth, I loved him but when he was acting like a stalker, I didn't like him all that much, but hey, he's still hot and I did enjoy reading them work-out scenes.

And the secondary characters were fantastic. I loved the three J's! I wish we had more time to get to know them. They were the ideal best friends and they were boys too which made is some much fun. Everytime I think of them all I hear is "Westleyyyy!" LOL. I even liked Ellie's sister too - which was surprising because she and Ellie don't have the best relationship to start with.

The storyline itself did drag a little at times but like I said earlier, it's not predictable so the mystery keeps you turning the pages, so overall, it's a very good YA contemporary read and I can't wait to read more by this author.
on 19 January 2014
I loved this book so much. It is very different to what I read but if you are trying something new out then I highly recommend this book. I wish there was a sequel to it so I could see more of the j's. But apart from that it was perfect. It has everything you would want in book: cute boys, love triangle, twists and a little bit of action. I also loved that the main character was female but n not a wimp one but a strong, confident leader.

I will definitely read more of Kate Oram's books!
on 21 May 2013
This was amazing. Though slightly stange it was funny and i found i counld'nt put it down!!I loved the characters and ellie was so beliveable. Seth, though slightly strange, seemed to really care for ellie. I loved the suspence and it kept you guessing throughout. The book was very original and it is rare in the YA genre to find this. I found this book hard to put down...i admit i stayed up to 3am to finsh to the book..i totally had one of those...just one more chapter moments!! From this book i would recommend all the others by Kelly Oram espeically Being Jamie Baker. These two books are some of my favorite books ever!!
Seth was sweet and concerned and perfett for Ellie. I was rooting for him throughout begging for him to not be the killer!! He is one of my new book boyfriends...
Ellie is very lifelike and i feel that i could connect with her on many of her thoughts and feelings and she seemed like a real 15/16 yr old girl.At the end of the book there are 2 scenes from Seth's POV- an added bonus!!!
Overall i would recommend this book to those who love an orginal story that contains romance and mystery! I would say the book is for 13 upwards...
BUY THIS BOOK!! it is worth every penny you spend!!!