on 6 September 2013
This book was much better than I expected. The sex scenes are well written and descriptive. I love Brent - he is sex on legs. Not only is he sexually great, but he is tender and loving. I love the way he kisses Cat's knuckles, palms, fingers, forehead, nose, cheek, nape of neck etc. at any time - it just makes him more believable.

I have only one criticism. I wish the chapters had been set out better or at least some sub chapters between scenarios. I had to backtrack several times because one scene flowed into another e.g. out in the car for lunch/making dinner in the kitchen; at the pub with his arm round her/undressing her; riding in open top car/eating icecream. However, this didn't put me off although I was a bit surprised when I thought he was undressing her in the pub!

I loved all the sex scenes and there were several that were very special but my absolute favourite was when they went to a staff function and Cat was listening to Mr. Reasonable. I won't say too much otherwise it will give the plot away but it had me laughing out loud.

Well worth reading.
on 7 July 2012
This is a great read if you're looking for something with a sexy, engaging story-line.

The characters are well drawn and believable and the plot takes you along at a great pace. Each sex scene (and there are many) is unique and inventive, but move the story and the relationship along in a natural and compelling way.

A real page-turner.

I'll definitely buy this author again. Highly recommended.
on 21 November 2014
A sexy, fun read about Cat and her boss Brent. A one-night stand leads to a deal involving marriage and conditions they both must keep.The main story revolves around these conditions and what happens when one of them breaks the deal.
on 30 April 2012
This is a must read. Its an extremely sexy book and not for the prudish!! A must for all women. Just cant wait to get more novels by Zara Stoneley. All my friends want to read it now!!! Thanks so much for a fab book!!
on 12 May 2012
Well, this really ought to come with a do not read unless you have your partner handy, warning ;-)

This is one HOT read! The sex scenes are beautifully written and as a reader you really get drawn into the chemistry between these two. I loved the concept of the Forfeit, and as the back story of the characters unfolded slowly their motivations became clear. I did feel that perhaps there was too much emphasis on the sex at times. I'm not complaining, lol, this is an erotic romance, after all, but for the length of the story I would have liked to have seen a little more emphasis on character development. The author does tie everything up beautifully at the end.

One thing that bothered me is really an editing issue, that pulled me out of the story repeatedly. There was no indication of scene breaks or POV changes. Not sure whether that was just my review copy, but it forced me to read back a paragraph a few times.

The scene changes, in particular were quite abrupt. One minute they're in the bedroom, then they're in the kitchen, then it's another day...
I got used to it, and it didn't stop me from reading, but in a less engrossing story it would have done. It made reading quite hard work at times.

Having said all that, I really enjoyed this story and wouldn't hesitate to read this author again.
on 9 May 2013
Zara Stoneley's novels always have strong, brilliant concepts, and Forfeit is another example of this. Cat is doing a forfeit for every month of her (chaste) year long marriage of convenience to Brent. The characters and their motivations are swiftly established, and develop with interesting twists and surprises as the story progresses. But most of all this is an action novel, with pacey, page-turning, graphic descriptions. Although it's Brent's fantasies that are being played out, along the way Cat is pushed to face up to who she is and what she wants, so this is a great read. Definitely needs a combustion warning tho - Forfeit is HOT HOT HOT!!!! I was lucky enough to win a signed (paper) copy of this book, which is beautiful. This is one of my fave covers ever. Resounding five stars for this one!
on 3 September 2012
An excellent read with an instant identity to the characters. Kept me wanting to know what could and would happen next
and what the outcome would be. I can't wait for the next gripping read!!
on 3 June 2012
A very well written boook. Good themes and very raunchy. Look forward to reading more from this fab author. The characters had depth and credibility.
on 11 September 2014
Fantastic story.
on 17 June 2013
While the story is far fetched its well written and is perfect if you want a steamy read that you don't have to think too much about