Customer reviews

on 29 July 2017
Having previously only known Rick for his Christmas Carols CD, I recently saw him in his 'Piano Portraits' tour (very entertaining). Enthused by this, I chose this CD to see what some of his other genres are like (not into heavy rock) and thoroughly enjoyed this album. I still shake my head in amazement at his dexterity on 'Merlin' every time I hear it and, like one of the other reviewers, find myself frequently going back to this one, delighted to have a new, fresh favourite CD. I'm not a fan of the synthesizer (!) so I chose well as it doesn't feature in this concert.

The only drawback is some sometimes suspect choral support, but that's not Rick's fault, so the 5 stars remain intact.
on 24 June 2013
This is pure indulgence,just Rick and a piano, and of course the Buenos Aires Symphony Orchestra.

As much as I would love to give it the full 5-stars, there are moments, I believe referred to by other reviewers, where a bit more emphasis, more oomph coud have been put into what are the more agressive passages on the studio versions. That said, listen to this and you can discern what a fine piano player Rick is...
on 13 March 2013
Only released in Argentina, this features Rick with the Buenos Aires Symphony Orchestra from [naturally enough] a gig in Argentina in November 2011. This really is a hidden gem. It includes a great 23 minute version of 'Journey' without vocals or narration. No silly stories between tracks, just song introductions and thunderous applause. He's still got it, although presumably nowadays he would say 'It's not as big as it was'...
2 people found this helpful
on 13 September 2013
Cd was ok. But very short and live recording from South America. Expected much more what I got with this cd.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse