on 26 October 2013
This is a recommendation from an amazed user.

This is one of the best buy I have ever made on printers. I know that the consumables are expensive, but, the printing speed and quality is good at this price. This model has much improved performance when compared to the CLP-360 series. As the CLP-360/365 CLX-3300/3305 series have only one drum for 4 colours, the colour document printing speed is extremely slow (4 ppm only), but this has individual drum attached to the toner cartridge which means colour printing and B&W printing speed is just the same. 18 PPM. Wow. 18 ppm at this price. It is more than enough for me.

I also like the paper tray. I did not expect that the paper tray would have the envelope tray on top of it. You can place smaller papers or thicker papers without removing the existing / main papers in the tray. When you pull out the paper tray, you will see a type of plastic cover of the paper tray, and the cover itself is also a mini paper tray for smaller papers. I guess this is the MPT of this printer.

It is a bit bigger than CLP 360 series printer but at this performance difference, it is worth the additional price and size.
Moreover, it comes with bigger starter pack toner cartridges than CLP 360 series. CLP 360 series have 700 pages BW & 500 pages Colour toners as its initial toner cartridges. CLP 415 has 1000 / 700 toner. Definitely worth the money.

Tip : You can trust Amazon as they will care your needs. Buy the product without a second thought if that is "Sold by Amazon". If you want to make sure this is the correct printer, buy products "Sold by Amazon". I always buy Sold by Amazon products even if I need to pay several pounds extra(sometimes 10 pounds extra). If not available, buy at least "Fulfilled by Amazon" product. That means, the dispatches and returns will all be dealt by Amazon FBA team and it is DEFINITELY PAINLESS. Amazon help team members are just AMAZING. They are soooooo quick. Just go to help, find the transaction what you need their help on, and click the button either email, chat or call whatever you feel better. Call will be paid by Amazon. They will simply call you straight away. If you wish to chat with them, you can reach them very soon. For me, I always reach them within 30 sec. Within a minute, your issues will be sorted out.

Even if the goods are sold by third party seller but "Fulfilled by Amazon", you do not have to contact the seller at all. Exactly same way as sold by Amazon. Just open the return from your account and request pickup. Do not know what to do? Just go to Help and click the buttons to get super fast help. If that is wrong item or any error coming from manufacture side or delivery, Amazon will pay the return postage.

Even if you change your mind and just want to return the item within 30 days, the return postage is only 3 - 5 pounds on this type of heavy printers, and it will be deducted from the refund amount. Painless. Simple. Right? Items will be picked up by DPD or some other delivery company when you request through Amazon, and they will come at your convenient time to collect the printer.

I bought this printer "Sold by Amazon" and it was right product. As this is stated clearly on the item title, this is CLP-415N and this is not wireless version. I saw right description and title, and received right product for right price.
on 6 April 2014
I've been seriously disappointed with this printer. I bought it almost automatically after my previous Samsung CLP-310 had served me well for over 3 years, eventually failing with a burnt out fused unit which would have cost more than a new printer to repair. I simply wanted the same quality and longevity from the new model.

Unfortunately, as with so many years things, this newer model seems to be of much lower quality. The first one I had left a huge gap at the top of every page and up the bottom part off each page, after some discussions with Samsung support they agreed the printer was faulty and I returned to Amazon for a replacement. So far so good, the support was quick and I got a new device.

The replacement worked fine for the first couple of weeks, no blank header and prints were much quicker than the previous version of the printer, colour speed is noticeably quicker.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and all my prints are curling at the top and bottom of each page, this makes printing multiple copies a real trial as you have to stand at the printer and pull off the pages as they appear, or else they get jammed in the output tray or roll off onto the floor.

The solid colour printing, images in document for example, are now all broken, with excess toner being smeared from the image onto the paper around it. This suggests something wrong with either the toner cartridges or the fuse unit. Samsung support recommend changing the cartridges, after going through a three page list of cleaning instructions! Remember this printer is less than 3 months old, is still using the provided cartridges and has done less than 500 pages.

I can't really mark it down for the price of the cartridges, but a full set of COMPATIBLE replacements is more than the price of the printer itself. I think I'd rather invest that money in a new printer. I certainly won't be buying guide another Samsung one.
on 6 March 2016
It does everything I need it to do - probably not as well as a higher priced 'all singing and dancing model' but for my needs, it does the job.
I'd like to add that I'm on my second one of these - the first lasted all of ten minutes. After printing a test page it gave up the ghost completely with a 'contact Samsung / return to manufacturer fault'.....but the sellers - Printerland - were absolutely brilliant about that, putting me in contact with Samsung and then dispatching a new one almost immediately and arranging collection and return of the defunct one.
The sellers could not have been aware that first one they sent was a 'Monday morning build'.
Overall I'm happy with the printer, vividly sharp colours and clear prints - and at a fraction of the cost per print for an 'equivalent' inkjet printer.
I was a little pessimistic after reading some reviews about print quality, but I can't fault the copies it produces.....even after going to Specsavers.....
I'd recommend the printer to anyone and even more so I would wholeheartedly recommend the sellers - Printerland - for their no quibbles, polite and prompt after sales service. Definitely a company I will use again.
on 21 September 2016
I really like this printer. It works really well now. Had issues with it printing in the right orientation initially. But rectified it by uninstalling the software and putting it back on. Since then no issues. Had it for almost 2 years and we have never had to replace either cartridge and we still have about 40% on both cartridges. I would recommend it but the downside is the cost of cartridge when needing replaced. You can refill them yourself with a kit. But not tried that yet.
on 3 December 2014
Output is excellent quality, its a cheap machine and the OEM toners are not exorbitant compared to others. Seems to be a Samsung "thing"; like some other of their hardware the software for managing it and network setup are diabolically bad - and I know my way around these things. My printer simply will not wake on LAN (if you google around you can find that this is not just a problem with this laser printer - it is a problem with most of their lasers) and I have resorted simply to leaving it on - which works. It also runs hot - paper that used to come out of my HP 2600n reasonably flat and cool emerges with steam (yes steam, it is not smoke) rising from it if the pack has been open for a bit and the paper has picked up a bit of moisture. Be prepared to spend money on high quality paper. I can live with it given the print quality and the price. One final thing; their setup CD (and the downloaded exe I tried) simply refused to run on one of my PCs (and Yes - other installation/setup things are fine on it so its something to do with the structure of the installer they have used). I was actually forced to install it as a local USB printer using copied over drivers from another machine and then converted it to make it a network printer. (See "software" comment above.....).
on 10 September 2015
Set up instructions very unclear. Kept saying paper jam - we did everything possible taking the tray in and out, flexing paper, moving the tray adjustments, installing, uninstalling the printer nothing worked. We could not use the manual feeder as it then kept saying close door .... frustrating and the Samsung booklet very unclear and unhelpful. The lead provided was for European plugs so we had to get one for UK plugs. There was no lead provided for the wireless connection to our network or for the usb connection.
on 26 March 2015
Bought this printer for printing wedding stationary, it's great on pearlised paper, and for printing photos, but smudges on hammered card, I can live with that as won't be printing any more hammered card, it has ink saving mode and energy saving mode, should have bought one years ago instead of all those cheap printers we have bought, price is great and would definitely recommend. Inks are a bit pricy but last for absolute ages.
on 11 July 2015
Lets start off by saying that for the price, the print quality is actually what I wanted.

Now for the things I don't like, it's bulky and noisy.. Everytime you turn it on it sounds like it's about to take off.

The wakeup mode rarely works, which means if you press print while it's off or in standby.. All you get its a "printer not found" error, you need to turn it on.. Wait for the pre flight checks then press print.

It came with an eu plug not a UK plug, this may have been down to Amazon simply not stating this as a fact but I had to buy a UK kettle plug before I got it running.
on 3 July 2015
The colour reproduction is excellent. However, the paper does tend to curl at the corners so if you are wanting double sided printing it is best to wait for it to cool down and also place the sheets under a heavy book otherwise when you feed it in the second time the corners fold over so you do not get all the printing on the second side.
on 5 August 2017
Compatible toners sold with printer do not work printer says non compatible toners and will not print I have unplugged waited 15 minutes and put toners back in as asked but still the same
Don't buy it