on 6 July 2012
To be honest I generally don't write reviews, mainly because I'll try and find a book that's already highly recommended to ensure I'm not wasting my money, and normally I just agree with what's been said already.

In this case I do agree however I decided to make an exception because I had contacted the author via her website to tell her directly how much I had enjoyed the book, which I've done before with other authors and had nothing back, so I was pleasantly surprised she came back to me with a lovely email the same day and even recommended another book I know I will enjoy, as admittedly it's already on my wish list!

I wish I was able to review the book and give it the justice it deserves without giving the whole storyline away, but I can't.........probably the reason I'm not an author!

I think if you read the sample and enjoy it then you won't be disappointed with the rest of the book, and if like me you'll just want more!
on 29 June 2012
This is the first novel KD Grace wrote wow what a way to start!

After reading Body temperature and Rising and Surrogate I have found I love and enjoy the style KD Grace has with her books. This was no exception, I was entrapped right from the first few pages.

Journalist, Rita Holly, never dreamed sex with the mysterious Edward in the dark of a malfunctioning train would lead to a blindfolded, champagne-drenched tango, a spanking by a butch waitress, and an offer of initiation into the exclusive mysteries of The Mount. Desperate to save her threatened job, she agrees, scheming secretly to write an inside exposé on the club that will make her career. But as she delves deeper into the intrigue of The Mount and the lives of its members, she soon discovers that her heart may have other plans.

From the very first page I wanted to know more about the main character Rita Holly, KD has a knack of making us love all the characters making them feel so real, making us feel emotionally connected to them, its written in such a way it feels it could become a reality for any one of us. That is very erotic in itself.
This is a wild fast paced compulsive read; I loved Rita Holly's first steamy encounter with the sexy Edward who remains masked throughout the whole duration of the novel in some form, either darkness or by a masquerade mask; a brilliant twist from KD.
Rita is then whisked off into an incredible balance of romance, fantasy and deceit just to get the chance to be with Edward who she strangely trusts and he convinces her to go through an initiation to be able to see his face and become a member of a unique club. Each initiation gets sexier and more erotic than the first and still totally believable from chastity, BDSM to superhot roleplay. We see and feel Rita's continual determination to succeed as she gradually falls for her masked man.
Being a submissive myself I found this book a turn on, KD enables us to easily use our imagination to feel what Rita is feeling, from her apprehension, frustration, trepidation and fear to her elation, orgasms and growing love for Edward. The initiation council takes over her life at home and at work, her life is now not her own till its completion. All of which are governed and overseen by the sexy but bitchy Vivienne; who adds continual conflict throughout this story.
You cant help but get swept along by this incredible storyline and page after page of excellently written sex scenes, where we feel real emotion between the individual characters involved. I have to say the girl on girl scenes were written with an incredible sensuality, delicacy and beauty as well as being super hot.
I want to say so much more but I dont want to give it all away, but the climatic ending brings the whole book together in more ways than you would believe to a brilliant nail biting twist and finale.
I loved it...can you tell...!!!
on 18 April 2014
what a great read, starting off as just a casual chance meeting in the dark, resulting in a very steamy conclusion- but not knowing her lovers identity, that started her off on what I can only liken to one of those fancy rockets on bonfire night, the ones that start with sparks flying, then getting stronger not really sure of the direction picking up speed towards the big climax that bursts into the night with a massive explosion and shooting stars everywhere!!!
on 16 June 2014
A very sexy and erotic book for the open minded reader. Rita meets Edward on a train and he introduces her to the delights of his club but Vivienne doesn't want Rita to have Edward. Reasonable twist at the end did keep my interest. Actually ended up liking Edward.
on 22 February 2014
this book had such a mystery about it, couldnt wait for the end as it all fited together and made sence, obne of the best books ive read and the follow up which is a seperate story is also fab. Loads of bdsm erotica and true love.
on 23 August 2015
I was looking for a competently written adult book and that's exactly what I found with The Initiation of Ms Holly. I won't go into any details but I will say the story interwoven with a variety of raunchy fantasies leaves the reader keen for more. Enjoyed the story so much I purchased the rest of the trilogy series as soon as I was finished. Have also made a mental note to keep an eye out for more work from K D Grace.
on 4 September 2013
this is a well written story even though I found some of it a bit over imaginative, but it was still an enjoyable escapism, while I cannot imagine myself being someones pet or slave I suppose there are some people who will do so gladly and I will continue to read your books K D Grace and keep an open mind so keep them coming.
on 14 February 2013
Well if your looking for a book with lots and lots of sex and I mean lots this is definitely the book for you and its not just vanilla sex!!! Think fsog x's 10! Ahhh the motorbike bit was hot. The storyline was really good as well I will definitely be looking for more books by k d Grace!
on 5 April 2013
I was recommended this book by a friend. She said it was that "bad" she had to hide it in a carrier bag as she was really embarrassed about letting others see what she was reading!

This book is nothing on FSOG, this is hot hot hot! There's a bit of everything in this book and it's a real eye opener, let me tell you!

It isn't for the faint hearted, but if this is your style then this book is your cup of tea.

I wanted to devour it in one go, but I made myself savour it and was it worth it.

If you haven't read this then please do!
on 13 January 2013
Bought this book for 77p thinking I'd got nothing to lose if it wasn't much cop, but I couldn't have been more wrong - it was BRILLIANT!!!!! Rita and Edward's story is so different to any of the other erotic romance stories I've read. Jam packed with kinky sex scenes fabulously written story lines and characters I loved it!!!