on 25 July 2014
i bought these for a small collection of pin badges that i wear on the strap of my bag. they kept getting knocked off and then id lose them or the backs, so i thought it was worth trying these.
they really work. they fit perfectly on all my badges, and are very easy to fit (im disabled and have difficulty with dexterity, but even i could do it). once tightened with the tool provided they stay in place and the badges dont get knocked off even when you are quite rough or vigorous with the material they are on. ive not lost a badge since i bought these.
i was worried that they'd be quite bulky, but they are not at all. they take up less space than the ordinary badge backs in terms of width and they are roughly the same depth so are just as easy to accommodate as the original backs.
they are a little more expensive than i would like (i would like the option of having these supplied with the badges instead of the original backs) but work out far cheaper than replacing the lost badges.
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 December 2014
If you're a bit of a badge nut like me, these are brilliant! They work exactly as advertised, and will prevent the loss of your valuable badges, so you can wear them in confidence, knowing that they won't pull free if you catch them on something. A great company to deal with too! OK, they're a tad expensive, but worth every penny.
review image
on 16 March 2015
Just what the doctor ordered! How many times I have lost lapel pin badges when the 'butterfly' clasp has come away, I don't know. Now, I wear my pin badges with confidence. Knowing that they are secure and will not come away from my jacket or tie!

They say; "It's the small things that make the difference!" In the case of these little Pin Saver Barrel Locks, small really is beautiful - and so practical too.

My little packet of Barrel Locks, together with the allen key, arrived well before the given delivery date and well packaged.
I strongly recommend both this wonderful little item and also the suppliers.
First Class Product and Service!
on 28 October 2015
These were advertised on an advice note in with a pin badge. They are a great idea. My granddaughter has lost some of her achievement badges and they can not be replaced, hence these locking devices. No more lost badges. Such a simple idea but it works. I totally advise everyone who wears pin badges to get these. In packs of 10 with an added hexagonal key to fit, so there is a plentiful supply of keys in case one of them is lost. This can also be removed to launder the clothing and reapplied after. Quick delivery in a re-sealable pouch for safekeeping.
on 18 January 2017
Having spent a small fortune on Football badges for my sons Glengarry after he lost his original one at a game, I discovered that the normal backing on pin badges are quite frankly useless. After researching I discovered these pin backs. These are fabulous. When you put these backs on the pin they expand as you pull them back down the badge and they then click into the groove locking onto the pin and holding fast. This works not only on the thick material of the Glengarry but also on the thin ribbons that hang down the back. If you have badges you want to hang on to, I would definitely recommend these. Arrived quickly in good packaging.
on 8 December 2012
I have been looking for barrel locks that are not 10mm long these are only 5mm and are perfect for adding pins to bags without getting caught
on 15 March 2015
These little cylinders keep your pins safe and I have no idea why they are not the standard fixing supplied with every pin, unless it's because without them, you will probably lose your pin and have to buy another.

Save yourself the cost of replacing your valuable pins and get a pack of these instead. They simply have a grub screw that you use an allen key to tighten onto the pin instead of the butterfly clasp usually supplied.

Quite simply they work and are worth an investment. Reusable and safer than the butterfly clasp.
on 25 August 2016
Bought the deluxe auto close version, work a treat and not as fiddly as the ones with small allen key. Going to buy more. Used to secure pin badges on leather bike jacket. Very pleased with them
on 19 May 2015
Ordered these on Sunday afternoon and they arrived on Tuesday morning.
Fixed my favourite pin badge back on to my rucksack, feels a lot stronger than the butterfly clip supplied with pin badge.
Little fiddly to get on pin badge stem, there again I do have large fingers.
Time will tell how good these locking barrel clips are.
Mine did not arrive with the washer like backing plate shown in the photo on the main page?
on 11 December 2013
I have a 10 year service badge which is protected by one of these Pin savers. I also have a number of other pins that I have on my pass lanyard which I don't want to lose as most of them are quite rare. These are easy to fit and do exactly what they say on the tin. Just be careful if you have a dark carpet and accidentally drop the centre of the barrel because it may take you a while to find them.