• Customer reviews

on 20 December 2014
I'm a converse girl and when not at work, live in them. I hate padded trainers and shoes with heels so I have several pairs (most, including these purple ones purchased from Amazon).

I've always received compliments on the colour of these and they've been my favourite colour pair. They're not too bright but not boring blue or black and go with all other colours. I personally find the hi tops more comfy and harder wearing than the low tops.

However over the last few years the quality of Converse has really taken a nose dive, while the price has increased dramatically. These purple ones have had a decent amount of wear but now the soles have completely worn through so they've had to be binned. A newer grey pair of low tops only lasted a year before the soles disintegrated. I still have a 8-9 year old pair (cost less than £15) which are still going strong, with no signs of wear on the sole.

I recently purchased some Adidas VL NEOs which are very similar in style to Converse but with much comfier insoles and what appears to be better quality soles. I really don't think Converse are worth their high price tag now the quality is much poorer.
16 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 19 August 2013
My last pair lasted about 3 years through summers. I use them for work where I am on my feet all day. They are comfortable.
19 people found this helpful
on 4 June 2016
I love converse, and was so pleased to find these at a decent price. Trainers came packaged really well, and the shoes fit perfectly. Perfect for everyday wear.

**Note**
Converse have a general shelf life of about 12 months with me. I have just had to throw mine away as the sole had come out the bottom. Not surprising, I live in them. Another pair to be purchased soon.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 November 2015
so far totally luv'em! I never knew the difference between the black & black/white versions as they both have white soles, (I don't mean the black/black ones with black soles) On the back of the heal they have "Converse ALL-STARS" on 2 lines, if you check out the pic on the add you'll see what I mean, other than that I can't tell any difference but worth the extra 5r for the difference as I've not seen that before. They fit as expected and will do well for indoor wear during the winter nights. I always stick a pair of sports insoles in to make them that bit more comfortable. Thank you + arrived next day I think, defo 5 stars all round!
on 20 February 2014
It is the 6th pair of Converse I own, I have been wearing All Stars since I was 15 and I think they still look good with my look even if I am now 25 and dress more like a woman than a teenager. A lot of 20-30 yo girls are wearing those.
The only thing I always thought was annoying is their price that I think overrated. I bought my new ones here for 30£, which is much less than the normal price. Burgundy/Bordeaux colour is very nice and fits perfectly with blue or black jeans to add colour to a classic style.
They fit well: I am usually a 39-40 EU size and I bought a 7 UK size (40 equivalent)
I will definitely keep on buying those shoes.
on 8 May 2018
All star original, really good price. Love them!
One person found this helpful
on 9 February 2018
Love my Converse , very stylist and comfy
One person found this helpful
on 29 December 2017
I bought these for my daughter and she loves them. They arrived well on time for Xmas and I will have no problem in ordering from this company again.
on 30 November 2015
I bought these in 10.5 for my son at Uni. He text me the following:
" Aaah they are lovelyyyyy
Thank you!
They fit so well !!
I never have 10.5 size shoes because you can only get them online !!
It's either tight 10's or loose 11's
Oh thank you mom!!"
review image
on 5 November 2015
I wanted some Converse shoes, but I've never been a fan of flashy colours or logos printed on every square inch. Glad I found these. They're all black, which means they're subtle and don't look quite as beaten up after a few months as a white pair. Comfort is great, finish is great. Excellent service from Cloggs, came quickly and pagaged well and carefully.