Customer reviews

on 10 May 2017
I am that kind of person who NEVER used to drink tap water as I think that it got a disgusting chemical bleach like smell.
So I only drink boiled tap water or mineral water. If you mixed bottle water with a tiny bit of tap water and give it to me to drink I would be able to tell straight away that it got tap water in it. As I usually don't drink tap water, when coming across this product, I was very interested in giving this Black + Blum Charcoal Water bottle a go. After minimum of 8 hours putting tap water in this bottle, I have to admit, it's drinkable,
however it's still got a bit of tap water smell in it, but at least it's bearable. So since having this bottle, I can drink tap water again.
I would highly recommend to people like me who doesn't like the smell of tap water.
on 4 June 2017
Did not notice much difference to the taste of water however I hope that it still mineralises the water
on 9 March 2017
Great quality...remember to boil the filter after 6 months of use.
Only down side is during early use...you can get small pieces of charcoal breaking off
on 14 June 2017
Life-changing!
on 20 November 2015
Buy this!
on 19 May 2014
Bought my first from another source, found the cap fitting a bit loose but unlike others who complain about it rolling and spilling water all over the place, it's meant to prevent the cap from coming loose, but this one had a tighter fitting on it which was most welcomed.

Been using them since Dec 2013 and have had no problems whatsoever and would not hesitate recommending it.
Excellent product!
on 11 February 2015
The video is not a review - it is simply to show how to get the coal into place, as some people have had issues. I suspect they were squeezing in the wrong place or trying to do so with the bottle full of water. :-)
on 6 January 2016
My tap water in Dorset is aweful so I have to buy bottled. I read about this so thought I would give it a try. I left it to work overnight in the fridge and the next morning my tap water was lovely, no nasty taste at all. Great product and think I will buy a second one. This also helps the environment by cutting down on plastic bottles.
on 4 June 2016
This bottle was recommended to me by a friend, and having just lost my previous glass water bottle, I decided to give it a try.

Materials: Although made from plastic (BPA-free), the main bottle has the look of glass. It feels very sturdy and is comfortable to hold. I like the mouth of the bottle very much; it is just the right size to drink from and isn't threaded, which adds to the comfort. The charcoal and the cork stopper add interesting textures.
Look: This bottle is an attention-grabber! I haven't seen anything similar anywhere else (and it appears nobody else has either!), and the design is so much more appealing than the many other standard water bottles out there.
Taste: The water in my area is hard, and tastes fine as it is, but there is definitely a noticeable improvement with this bottle; however the tap water now tastes chlorinated in comparison! It would make even more of a difference in areas where the tap water doesn't taste nice. I have also purchased one of the charcoal sticks to put in a fridge jug for using at home.
Practicality: The cork stopper is held securely in place, and thanks to the silicone-covered lower part, does not leak, even when turned upside down or left in a bag. I found the charcoal easy to slot into place (there are instructions on the packaging, or online videos if you're having difficulty!) and it hasn't budged.
Eco: I certainly won't be buying any more bottled water, saving both money and plastic waste. The packaging that the bottle comes in is not excessive, and is recyclable. I really like that the filter itself - the charcoal - is a natural product, and is completely recyclable. It even has many uses after the recommended 6 months of use in the bottle - as detailed on the packaging!

Overall, I would highly recommend this bottle for someone who wants a reusable bottle which is both stylish and practical, not to mention the eco-credentials!
on 12 March 2016
This is my third purchase of one of these - not that they wore out but just that I had two for home use and gave one away to someone who visited and the remainder of their trip was all over Europe and then off to Singapore and Australia so this was pretty perfect for them to take and use whilst traveling.
I just bought my third to use at work to encourage me to drink more water and less coffee and it's working. I road tested yesterday afternoon with water from our mains filtered machine at work having had 2 hours with the charcoal and also a cup of the same water - both left to stand for the same time. The taste of the water in the bottle won hands down.
The fact these have a carry handle and also just don't ever leak in a bag and the water is cheaper than chips make these perfect.

When I first bought mine around 3 years ago the advice was boil the charcoal after 6 months and use for a further 6 months which was fine. I see now they only suggest 6 months with boiling at 3 months use.
My only problem was that I didn't order a new stick for my home version - now also resolved.