Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 26 April 2017
Really enjoyed it. One of the best sports documentaries.
on 6 May 2013
This is truly great DVD. I watched it on TV and brought 2 copies straight afterwards. Every sports coach and every teacher should watch this. I've already used two great phrases gleaned from this film in my own professional life, as they are so powerful and motivational, "I expect that from some of these idiots....not from you!" For anyone who wants some inspiration in motivating others this film is a must. Being a fan of Hoop Dreams and others from the genre I was already a convert, and this has cemented my love of sports documentaries. Buy this film, not for selfish reasons but "for the betterment of someone other than yourself!" Superb.
on 25 February 2013
I am not American and not a big fan of American football at all (I don't really know much about it) but I still enjoy this movie very much.
This is more about team spirit, coaching and educating young mans than purely about football (but I guess the football fan will enjoy it even more). There is some truly beautiful scenes and you get attached to the characters and their story.

My only minor negative feedback is that there is not subtitles and because I am not a native english speaker, there was time when I was struggling to understand what was being said.
on 14 December 2012
As big football fan I was really looking forward to this film and it did not disappoint , you find yourself admiring the head coach watching not only him coach but him bring the support for all the boys, you find yourself asking how does he put up with it all , and some of the characters in this team would test the patience of any human being, I loved the film and cannot recommend it enough
on 13 June 2014
A truly touching portrait of what it means to emerge from childhood into manhood. Several moments that had me in pieces as the protagonists discover what it is to grasp responsibilty and embrace the teamwork ethic. Coach Courtney should be a template for sports coaches who not only want to win and inspire but also want to nurture talent and inspire the will to work hard and understand what it is to sieze the moment in life that may never come around again. Brilliant.
on 27 May 2013
Really enjoyable film. I particularly appreciated the view we had of the students lives and how they went on to greater things in life
on 29 January 2013
A superbly crafted, intimate and affectionate portrait of a high school American football team. It does not labour points or patronise the subjects or viewers and is ultimately very moving. If I described the ending to you, it would probably sound cheesy and irritating, posssibly exemplifying the worst elements of America and their warped values and that nation's sentimental worship of sporting accomplishments, but it works...!
on 30 September 2013
Terrific football movie showing what the great game is all about. Having bought and seen many of this genre, this by far is a firm favourite. Recieved as described and promptly too - no complaints, whatsoever!
on 23 January 2013
Great human interest story. Watched it through twice - no wonder it got an Oscar. You may need a hanky at the end of the film, but it is a real feel good trip with the coach and his team.
on 2 December 2013
Great film, very well shot and the coach is a true American hero! I would recommend this to every person, not just lovers of NFL and sports films.