Customer reviews

Researching the blues
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 August 2012
How this band never became huge around the time of their Third Eye and later Phaseshifter albums, despite MTV exposure, is beyond me. After occasional sporadic live activity and various side-projects they're finally back after 15 years and in my book it's well worth the wait. However, on first listening I'm not sure this is quite up there with the high standard of the two aforementioned releases. The production, to my ears, is a trifle muddy and there are no immediate classics like Annie's Gone or Jimmy's Fantasy.

But I think it's going to grow on me - there is absolutely no filler on here, that's for certain. If you like Redd Kross, or just spiky power-pop laden with hooks, then you won't be disappointed.
3 people found this helpful
on 30 May 2015
I love this band, so they can do noting wrong.
on 6 February 2017
Brilliant
on 11 March 2013
I came across this album when looking through Allmusics top 50 2012. I took a chance and ordered it, and what an cd it is.
on 9 March 2013
Reviews must contain at least 20 words about the product, but really my title says it all, plenty of places to listen to samples of this, have a go, it's a fantastic album. NB the Japanese version has an extra track "Pop Show" which is pretty good too.
2 people found this helpful