on 13 January 2013
It works and its fast. What else can you say about it, this is a lot of CPU for the money.
on 22 April 2017
Good cpu
on 26 April 2016
I have 3770k , got this for my young ones first gaming pc does the job all top games with Hd7870
on 20 August 2014
Great price fast delivery
on 11 December 2012
For the price range, you can't go wrong. I've paired this with a 7870 and everything run's fantastic, sadly most games aren't heavily threaded so they don't take advantage of multiple cores which is why i opted for the dual core with 4 threads. I'm expecting a performance hit when I'm going to play planetside 2 and BF3 multiplayer as these can use all the resources of a quad core. Overall, it's an awesome buy.
on 14 June 2013
I bought this to go with an Asus P8H61-MX USB3 motherboard as a replacement for a dead ABit AN8-32X motherboard on my children's computer (one of my old cast-offs), and coupled it with 8 GB of Crucial DDR3 PC3-12800 RAM (2x 4 GB sticks). Putting that in the carcass of the dead machine (which was running Fedora Linux) resurrected it and resulted in a very respectable machine for an upgrade cost of under £200. Needless to say I was very happy with the result and it runs faster than I'd expected (my usual machine is an i7). My son no longer pesters me to use my machine because his own is too slow.
on 22 August 2013
Nice punchy CPU for it's cost. Using it on file share and backup machine, also some music and video streaming. Works like a charm
on 23 February 2014
Cheap and low power, yet it packs a punch! The perfect CPU for a budget SFF build? This is(was) it! Haswell is obviously the one to get now, but if you can pick up a second hand one for 50 quid, go for it! I used this for gaming with a 7850 and it coped 100%. Recently upgraded to a i5 and 760 because I'm doing music production and needed extra horsepower.
on 28 November 2013
Purchased this for my new budget PC and am very impressed. Fast and runs cool for the money. Easily overclockable too.
on 24 September 2012
This is a fantastic CPU, almost certainly the fastest dual core you can buy (apart from the other ivy bridge i3s, but what difference does 1Ghz make?). The difference between this and my brother's AMD Phenom x4 in terms of performance on games that are traditionally cpu intensive like GTA IV, is negligble. With a fast enough graphics card you can run it on max settings no problem. And as for games where you just need one or 2 fast cores (most games), my system is faster (we are both using graphics cards in the same price range).
So if you dont want to splash out on an i5 but you still want a powerful Intel processor, look no further.