on 10 March 2013
I received this router over a month ago and is connected to a BT modem.

After doing a lot of research on wireless routers I found the technical and user opinion of this router was the best match to my requirements and price range. I use the two wireless networks, and get a good connection on both over the whole of the house, surpassing my BT HH3. Had expected that I would only get access to the 2.5 ghz wireless upstairs, but can gain access to both so no need to swap. As its winter not had a chance to test the connection in the garden.

One of the main reasons for changing my BT HH3 (received with recent upgrade of broadband package) was the awful connection to my Network Server. Despite the many configuration changes I made, I could not stop the intermittent (average twice a week) issue of the server slowing down to a crawl and everything needing a reboot to get access again, or the constant issue of extremely slow data transfers, and crashes if the file was over a certain size. The issues had been much less with the HH2. Plus a lot of comment on the internet suggested it was the HH3, so I borrowed a cheap router for a few weeks which proved it was the HH3 not my server. Since installing this router no problems and the transfer speed is great.

The set up instructions are ok. After putting in some data it will reboot so you may need to reconnect to continue, especially if you have changed the SSID and / or password. Otherwise Installation is fairly straight forward.

I have not used D-Cloud feature yet but will do. For now enjoying the reliable service of my network.

Overall I am extremely pleased with this router. Not only does it perform well, but it does not take up much space on my desk, and looks good.
on 9 November 2013
The HHD on my apple time capsule finally died after many years of hard use and i thought id just get a cheap just router think how hard could it be? This was a big mistake after the item i noticed that my wifi signal would drop as soon as i left the room it was in and that i could not connect to the 5.0ghz band with my 5.0ghz devices. After doing an firmware update it just got worst i then started reading about the firmware updates on the dlink forums which all advise against doing any firmware updates.

[...]

I brought the router in September but did not try to use it until October because i was getting married and worked away alot this put me out the 30 days return policy otherwise i would send that piece of junk straight back.
on 26 May 2013
I chose the D-Link N600 after reading other reviews. I wanted to replace my TP-Link model which was proving problematic and constantly dropping it's wi-fi transmission signal. I have now been using the D-Link N600 for a couple of months and so far it has never dropped it's signal.

I live in a rural area and the only issue I did have was that my non-3G IOS devices had issues with their location services when connected to the D-Link, but that now seems to have sorted itself out.

The app based remote monitoring feature is also very useful and works well.

I would highly recommend this router
on 5 November 2013
As the headline states it works reliably, the router it replaced reset once or twice a week which was very annoying. Only three stars because the range of the wifi seems much less than the previous router. Also the high frequency band which is supposedly better for streaming media has a significantly smaller range than the lower frequency band. Basically it does its job but the wifi performance is not as good as expected.
on 5 February 2014
The Router is very very good shame the information on connecting up to the system isn't a little easier, saying that it wasn't really D-Links problem but Sky as they don't like anyone use a 3rd party device instead of their low budget and quality routers. I increased my internet speed by 3 just by installing this item attached to a D-Link modem
on 16 February 2014
It wasn't QUITE as straightforward to set up as the booklet made out (took multiple attempts to find my internet connection) but once it was up and going the signal is definitely stronger than my old router when I take the laptop to the far end of the house. So in that respect, does what it says on the tin.
on 6 May 2015
It worked fine for a few weeks and then, after a power cut, the 5g network no longer worked. It would be visible sometimes on devices, but as soon as they tried to connect, it would hang and then the network would disappear for days
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2014
Was having continual issues with BT home hub 3 Wi-Fi - slowing down, non connections and having to reboot. connected this to main bt router to replace Wifi function - works a treat across both fast and legacy equipment.
on 17 October 2013
My expectations were high when i bought this router. Many reviews and other users opinions were good. But i'm somehow disappoionted.. The signal range is not what i expected, it's the same as my older modem, much more cheaper. The support is not very good and the auto check for firmware updates is not 100% functional. I can't use the 5ghz band, and i'm not a newbie. Overall, the product is not so bad, it's fair for the price.
on 10 March 2014
The first router I received was faulty, and would not power up.
Fortunately I got a replacement within 48 hours.

Once it switched on, it was fine & has been ever since.