on 5 December 2012
Very simple to install and use. The bundled software works well. The scanner itself takes up very little desk space, which is perfect for me as it's in my home office.
on 3 May 2015
I love this scanner. I use it to scan documents to Evernote on my iMac. Works really fast by scanning double-sided in one pass.

It folds up to be compact, only taking up a little bit of desk space. When you open it it powers up and can be configured for 1-button operation (e.g. scanning to Evernote in my case).

I already highly recommend this product to friends. Not cheap, but excellent value for convenience and quality.
on 26 December 2015
This is a professional standard small scanner, and as such is not cheap. However, that does not mean it isn't excellent value for money - it's fast, easy to use, has a reliable sheet-feeder, andproduces high quality results. I'm not sure what else one could ask of a scanner!

My main use is to scan documents such as bills and bank statements as they arrive, for digital archiving on my file server. All I need to do is open the lid, insert the document into the feed,, and press the scan button - no other effort, and I don't need to check progress on the server - it all just works! A comprehensive and flexible set of software is included (though I have only used some of it - I'm happy for my purposes to produced searchable PDF files, created by the software scanning to PDF, and then automatically running OCR on the result.)

My sole criticism is that the software is licensed for installation only for a single computer, even though the device is so small and portable as to readily lend itself to multiple users. I suppose I really should have bought the next one up in the range, which can be used wirelesly by multiple computers, but for my usage volumes I couldn't really justify the extra cost.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 March 2013
This scanner is brilliant for SOHO use; it is quick, accurate and so easy to use. Well done Fujitsu. The software is great, straight forward and user friendly.
on 2 January 2014
Being a keen user of Evernote and other cloud based services, I drooled over this machine for ages before taking the plunge and buying it. Unfortunately for the money, I was sorely disappointed.

At this price point I expect a scanner to be flawless with virtually no pain points whatsoever. I expect plug and play functionality, a beautiful and intuitive user interface and a machine that always scans perfectly. Unfortunately this is not the the case.

My first interaction with the machine noted that I needed to install software from a CD. I have a ultrabook with no optical drive, so no can do. I then went to the website to discover not only are only some drivers available for download, but also these are hundreds of megabytes large. This smacks of bloatware.

Second, on installing the required software, I found the user interface clunky and inelegant. Furthermore, despite my ultrabook being of a good spec, the software was slower than I desired.

Third, I noted the scanner had an unacceptable failure rate when it came to jamming with paper or needing manual attention (about 5% of the time, which is a lot when you plan to go through 1000 pages).

All in all I was very disappointed. This feels like something from the days of Windows 98 and definitely behind the times in all respects. I hope the later editions are more elegant and robust.
on 13 July 2016
The hardware is excellent. I fed it a whole stack of documents that had been through the post and had been stapled together (removed the staples, of course) so was all a bit worn and difficult. The feeder didn't care and the scanner scanned both sides of each page impeccably.

The software is a mixed bag. The way you have to give your model number and serial number to download the software is insane. On Windows the software is a bit ugly but mostly works fine, and the OCR is great and does Just Work if you remember to install it. On my Mac the software was extremely ugly and just crashed (but that could be because of something else) so I couldn't try it. It works on Linux after some hoop-jumping. On both Windows and Mac OS it doesn't integrate into the system, it doesn't appear as a scanner anywhere but in the ScanSnap software, so you can't use any 3rd party software with it.

Overall because the hardware is excellent and the scanned results are good, so I'm giving it 4 start. But Fujitsu should smell the coffee and sort out some decent drivers that make it look like a scanner, make software that looks pleasant, and isn't a total chore to download.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 May 2015
I could spend all day bigging this up but I don't have to, everyone else has. Installation was a breeze and it gets 10/10. I can't fault it.
on 26 January 2014
Love the size and the efficiency of this scanner. The only small issue that I have is the feeder is quite sensitive that if the paper/receipt folds slightly, it won't scan. You will have to flatten the papers here the feeding contact point is. Overall, very very good purchase. The best is you can OCR everything so it makes search so easy that I didn't bother to rename the files.
on 20 August 2013
it's small, full of features and it even works on USB power (so you can carry it around if needed). I use it to digitise all documents. Definitely money well spent! The only drawback - like for all these types of scanners - is that they work on single pages. if you want to be able to scan thick document (say, a passport or a book) you should look at flatbed scanners.
on 20 June 2014
Works as expected, delivered on time. Quick and easy to use. Portable and small, easy to store away. Does what I need it to do.