on 17 January 2016
I bought this cable for my S5, and it is sturdy, it is still working and seems to charge the phone faster, than the normal cable. I have an S6Edge now which has speech changing but this cable is great for an S5.
About as good as they get. Always reliable in use and with its contacts as you would expect from the range.

Excellent value.
on 23 January 2015
Does exactly what it states on the tin. It's a thicker than average cable, however, I prefer this as it does get some abuse. Some users may not like the thickness, as it can be quite inflexible at times.
on 25 September 2014
Cheap replacement for a generic product.
on 22 April 2014
This just what I needed to connect my WD Passport Ultra drive to my PC.The cable supplied with the drive is very short, which is great for laptops or when you're out and about, but this means I can plug it in the back of my PC, and have the drive on my desk where it won't get knocked.
Good quality, gold plated, and in Amazons frustration-free packaging.
on 29 April 2014
Well made, as every 'Amazon basics' product I've bought is. I'm just a bit disappointed that this cable isn't as flexible as my 'Ab' USB 2.0 cable - Yes, of course I understand it's a thicker cable, and that is why. I just would have preferred the flexibility of my thicker HDMI cables (and another yes, I know THEY are more flexible because they are braided).

One word of caution: If, like me, you have this cable connected to a desktop item, like an external HDD, and hang the cable down to plug into your computer to transfer files, the extra weight of this cable will pull down on the USB socket on your device to a greater degree. I can't get round this, so can only hope that this will not damage my HDDs USB socket over time.
on 18 December 2013
I received this cable and plugged it into my USB 3.0 external HDD drive. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good connection. The HDD (a Samsung D3) was supplied with a very short cable, and I was hoping this would be a direct replacement. While the Samsung cable securely snaps into place at the HDD end, this one loosely plugs into the port and falls out all too easily. The connector seems shorter than the one supplied with the Samsung. Worst of all I couldn't get the computer to detect the drive while using this wire. It seems nicely constructed, but part of the problem is definitely that it's a bit too thick and rigid, and it almost falls out of the port under it's own weight. I am a fan of Amazon Basics items in general, but either I received a defective one, or it needs a design revision. Amazon service was good though and issued a refund without argument.
on 23 November 2013
Bought for my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to have it permanently plugged into computer for quicker and easier access. As other reviewer has said, it is a thick cable but for me it is fine as it is only for transferring data and with USB 3.0, it is not plugged in for long. The connector has no problem, worked first time when plugged in without moving about.
on 8 March 2014
I bought this cable for operating my Nikon D800e in tethered mode from my computer. Sadly it does not reliably maintain connectivity. Some subsequent online searching has revealed that a higher quality product may be necessary for this usage, so my mistake. It is, however, perfectly suitable for use with my external disc drives.
on 4 January 2016
Only works when it wants too. Looses connection mid way through copying data for example. Works fine one minute then not at all the next. Could be a faulty batch as others have had great results. Not had any problems with other Amazon basics products but this seems to be the exception.