Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

WALKERS IN THE DARK
Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 2 July 2012
I ordered a copy of this book because I heard that Paul Finch has a series of new thriller novels coming out from Avon Books. If the writing in those is anything like it is in this, thriller fans are in for a treat. This is a collection of long novellas. They are horror stories rather than thrillers, but there are lots of serious 'real world' themes inside them, and they all pack a very scary punch.

The pick of the bunch must be 'Seasons Of Mist'. It's set in industrial Lancashire back in the 1970s, and at heart is a coming of age story - very like something Stephen King would have written in his own horror days - also, it's absolutely terrifying. All the other stories have their own special magic. The title story, 'Walkers In The Dark', is another cracker. It's a lot more visceral than 'Seasons', but it's frightening as hell and has a very contemporary and disturbing message.

Intelligent horror for discerning readers would be one way to describe this book, but it's also worth buying because none of these tales have appeared anywhere else. They are all originals.
on 18 November 2012
I have just finished this book which I thought was brilliant. My favourite was season of the mist probably because I am a lancashire lass and it reminded me of my childhood.

The best thing is that I have been looking for this book for a while so imagine my joy to find it available on Kindle. Just great.
on 24 July 2013
After reading Stalkers I was keen to read the next book in this series and I have to say I wasn't disappointed! Pacey with interesting character development this book actually scared me. The only negative I can think of is that I have to wait until next year for the next book.
on 19 April 2014
Every story excellently written and each a page turner. Couldn't fault a single story. I read them one after the other. Another great read by Paul Finch.
on 6 October 2013
I enjoyed the two previous books by Paul Finch about the detective 'Heck' but this one is not my cup of tea although I finished it with an effort.
on 3 October 2013
Have not finished this book but it really gets to the parts others dont reach. Read if you are not afraid of the dark..
on 20 September 2013
this author can turn his hand to any genre, this is an attempt at scaring the pants off you & he has been successful
on 20 September 2013
An ok book, several different stories, some I enjoyed some I didn't, others may find them better than I did.
on 31 August 2015